“Just awesome”

Mas Adventures
Ranked #4 of 26 Tours in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mas Adventures Tour Operator is the only agency 100 % Nicaraguan in Leon city. Feel free to support the locals. We work with small groups and offer all activities in Nicaragua.Anything you need to know or do here, we will be more than happy to help you.Looking for share moments in life that you will never forget .Today is your day for Mas Adventures
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Just awesome”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Coolest thing you could do for the price. Volcano boarding. Wow awesome time Aaron the guide was awesome he speaks English so that was great. Would I do it again yes yes and yes. My friend did it again today. Thanks again Aaron

Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
Evanston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous guide in Leon and Ometepe”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband, daughter and I had a fantastic time with Anry as our guide while we were travelling in Nicaragua. Anry started being helpful on the phone when I called before our trip - his English is perfect, he was friendly, welcoming, and extremely familiar with every aspect of Nicaraguan flora, fauna, culture, geography - you name it! His interest and support of rural tourism was phenomenal. We loved the kayaking tour of the mangrove forest, including planting a mangrove seed! Anry thought of everything, was extremely well-prepared and helpful. We even asked him to be our guide through the town of Leon, and had an excellent personal tour!
Anry then accompanied us to Isla de Ometepe, and took us on an intense hike up to the waterfall there, something we wouldn't have done on our own. The flora and fauna information he gave us was fantastic.
At his recommendation, we did a rural eco-tourism stay at Puesta Del Sol, a women's cooperative that has a medicinal herb garden and hibiscus wine business, among other things. Clearly Anry had gotten to know our family and knew what we would appreciate and enjoy.

He is completely fantastic. We most highly recommend Mas Adventures and Anry Rodriguez!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Liz F
Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Volcano boarding!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

When we arrived at Hostel Mariposa, the owners offered to arrange the volcano adventure with Mas Adventures - Anry.

Anry took us on a volcano boarding trip at Cerro Negro. He offers smaller tours – is was just my husband and I that morning. He was patient and helpful while we walked up to the top of the volcano. We stopped a few times to rest and take in the beautiful views.

Once up top, Anry offered to take our pictures – even as we were going down on the boards!
He speaks English well and he is very knowledgeable about the area. Overall, the adventure was enhanced by Anry’s enthusiasm for adventure and knowledge about the area.

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Awesome Guide”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Anry was deacachimba and the tour was muy tuani!

We went on a tour at Cerro Negro, and to our surprise, it was just me, my husband and Anry, our guide. Hostal Mariposa recommended Mas Adventures, and didn't let us down! Not only did Anry provide us with a great tour, but he was very accommodating in our many stops to take photos on the hike. He would also let us know when a good photo stop was coming up, or when he thought we would find a better vantage point.

In addition to providing us with a great tour, Anry also gave us a great insight into daily Nicaraguan life. We were able to talk about social culture and politics and he spoke very candidly about faced in the small villages we drove through.

Our hostal owner wanted to make the trip out to Cerro Negro as well, so he actually drove us (and Anry). He wasn't an experienced driver on the lava rock, and unfortunately got the truck stuck while we were hiking. Anry was very accommodating and found us a ride back to the park entrance, where we hung out until the truck was un-stuck. This was no fault of the tour company, but gave us an opportunity to talk to Anry longer while we waited.

Visited November 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“Don't miss Kayaking the Mangrove Forest”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Anry was easily the best tour guide we had during our time in Nicaragua. My wife and I were on a belated honeymoon and did everything from ATV rides, volcano boarding, nature hikes, and horseback riding from San Juan del Sur up to Leon. Anry was a phenomenal guide in every way! If you read his single poor review and make everything they said opposite you will have Anry. He speaks perfect English and was one of the most kind people we met in our travels. He knows so much about his country and loves it very much! Spending half of the day with him kayaking through the Mangrove Forest was a highlight of our honeymoon and that is saying a LOT considering all of the amazing things we were able to do!

He picked us up in a taxi at our hostel and then took us to a nearby small village where he rented the kayaks and then we took off into the "river". I am very athletic and love all things outdoors. My wife loves new adventures as well, but had never done any kayaking or canoeing before in her life. She was able to get the hang of it pretty quick and we had a great time making our way through the forest looking at all of the wildlife. While she doesn't have a lot of upper body strength, she was able to make it through the ~3 hour tour without a problem and no complaints. She was tired and a bit sore the next day, but nothing she couldn't handle. Anry knew every piece of wildlife by name and did his best to point everything out. He even showed my wife how to plant a Red Mangrove tree and took her picture doing it so that he could send us a follow up picture a year later to show how big the tree gets! It was the highlight of the tour for my wife! We also stopped for about 30 minutes to have a beer and walk the shoreline of the ocean, swim, and collect seashells.

All in all, this was a tour my wife and I will never forget and will always cherish. Anry is a top notch tour guide and will not let you down on any of his great tours! You would be a fool to not book something with him!

Visited March 2013