“Great staff, great fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quetzaltrekkers - Day Tours

Quetzaltrekkers - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 21 Outdoor Activities in Leon
More attraction details
Owner description: Quetzaltrekkers is a non-profit volunteer organization, offering tourists adventurous hikes to raise money for organizations helping streetkids and children at risk in Leon, Nicaragua and Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great staff, great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This is a non-profit outdoor activities business. The staff there was very friendly and we had a great time volcano boarding. Unlike some other Volcano boarding companies that just want you to go as fast as possible, Quetzaltrekkers emphasized safety and going home uninjured. Even once we were done, our guide, Sam, helped arrange a private shuttle that took us all the way to our hostel in Granada even though it was getting late.

Quetzaltrekkers is an excellent company that offers a great experience for a good cause. If you go volcano boarding in Leon then use these guys!

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We trekked telica volcano on a two day tour, be prepared it is quite the hike but well worth it. We had two guides, one for the at the front to lead the way and one at the back to help the stragglers, we were supplied with all food and water. They also supply snacks for the various intervals on the way up. It's not overly rushed which suits most people. Do it.!!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank 9Kanu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't miss Volcano boarding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our trip up Cerro Negro with Quetzaltrekkers was a highlight of our time in Nicaragua. Our guide and all the people at the office couldn't have been nicer. At $30 per person it was a terrific value with transportation, lunch, and a t-shirt, plus the volcano boarding. The scenery is out of this world, so beautiful. Really the sliding down on the board was our least favorite part, you get so dirty, you think you might never get the grit out of your hair, but the hike up and the view from the top are not to be missed and this is a really terrific company to do business with. Highly recommended!!

Visited April 2014
Trondheim, Norway
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Why would you ever chose anyone else?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

All the profits goes to charity, why would you ever chose anyone else?

Their prices are competitive, their food is good, their gear is good,
and the guides are awesome.

We did Vulcanoboarding and Telica Overnight, and can recommend both!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Eirik R
Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Better Security Needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had an good time participating in the Telica Twilight Tour. It was a nice hike and a good group. I also strongly believe in what they are doing as a company. My concern was with individual security. Because it is a late night trip, I asked about being dropped off by the shuttle back at my hostel. The trip guide wouldn't accommodate me and told me it was safe to walk late at night alone in Leon. I didn't feel safe, so I asked the driver to give me a ride after he dropped everyone off. He was accommodating, unfortunately he didn't understand the map I had, so we got lost. We both ended up wandering around within blocks of my hostel asking people where it was. At one point a local gentleman scolded me for walking alone late at night in that area of town. I was disappointed in Quetzal's lack of regard for a young girl's safety late at night.

Visited February 2014