“Forever my 'go to' spot in Leon”
Review of Colibri Hostal

and 1 more site!
Colibri Hostal
Ranked #13 of 63 Speciality Lodging in Leon
Canada
“Forever my 'go to' spot in Leon”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

As a hotel owner myself I can highly recommend this place. Pretty much all that can be said about this place has been said. I really like the fact that you kind of forget your in Leon as it is quite peacefull and nice, especially in the back court yard. I stayed in the dorm and although the matress was quite comfortable the room was extremely hot. There's not really anything they can do about it but I would recommend staying in a room near the back if your budget allows it, it is much cooler. Thanks for a great stay and I look forward to many more 1 night getaways here, although no more dorm for me!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here for four nights. The little garden courtyard is really nice, if a little cramped. The free breakfast was really good. We stayed in a room with two single beds, my only complaint might be that our room didn't have a window, so when we were around, we tried to keep the door open with the fan in the doorway to try and suck the cooler evening air into the room to try to cool it down.

Beds were comfortable, mattresses appeared pretty new and were clean. Showers were fine, cool water felt good on hot days.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Todd C
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 7 May 2013

it seemed a very clean and safe place to stay for a few days ,but somebody who had access to a extra room key went thru my luggage and took part of my travelmoney. thanks god he or she left me enough to get back to Managua .

Room Tip: Nicaragua doesn't have very many tourists the way it is and the few they can interest in their...
Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
HostelColibri, Propietario at Colibri Hostal, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Leo B,

Congratulations on your first feed back on tripadvisor.
- Just to clarify some facts:
You stayed at the dorm room! It is a shared - open - room, nobody has a key! It is always open! (as you know!)
- You did not use the lockers! But most important you where not even sure about if you spent the money or if it was stolen?? You tried to remember how much money you spent between your last ATM visit in Estelí and Leon, counting the Cordoba’s - trying to remember where and what you bought - traveled - ate?? You figured out somebody took a ´little´ bit of money and left the rest in your wallet?? mmmmmmmmm.......I figured out something different.
One more thing: You accuse us /me or my workers to steal from you, ´somebody with an extra key´. You also talk about how Nicaraguans mistreating tourist? Did you ever think, if your money really got stolen – it might have been another tourist from your dorm room? Why would you think it had to be a Nicaraguan or me or one of my workers?
Next time you accuse somebody or write a review - make sure you know you are right.

Thanx for your stay and we wish you safe traveling,

Hostel Colibri
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 days in Leon. My friend and I shared a private room but it was huge and had 2 twin beds, 2 huge lockers and 2 small lockers as well as 2 fans! Staff was very helpful w things to do and trips. the breakfast is prepared daily made to order. They have a computer and internet as well as wifi. Nice courtyard and other backpackers were very laid back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is an excellent option for Leon. Very well located, very clean, decent free breakfast, unlimited tea-coffee all day and a really nice communal kitchen. Communal computer was also one of the best computers Ive used after travelling CA for 4 months. There is a beautiful garden area in the back with hammocks and a few tables, where I enjoyed my breakfast and coffee every morning and watched the hummingbirds occassionally stop by. I also did an overnight full moon hike that did not start until 9PM and Colibri let me hang out at the hostel all day without having to pay for another night. All in all this is a great hostal and I highly reccomend it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Leon, Nicaragua
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Friendly and a lovely garden. Once you settle in it really feels like home.

You could definitely do a worse.

First time I've done this - when will I reach 200 characters? Not yet apparently. Look, t's really really really nice.

Like.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The place has really cool central location, good security, decent rooms for the price and nice garden & hammock area. They are in touch with near-by tour operator so they were helpful in this way as well. I stayed there only two nights, but I can't complain about noise from the street or people partying around either. If I ever get to Leon again, I would book the place again.
Note: If you try to get to hostel on your own from bus station, make sure you know exactly where are you going. I would be nice if they showed on web lat/lon coordinates along with their address that would make it way easier. My GPS was pretty much useless because of this and get oriented by address in Leon is quite a challenge for firstcomer.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo