“Great Stay”

Ranked #13 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Leon
Olmito, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and totally enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and very helpful staff. Room clean and breakfast was very nice. Good security too. Nothing not to like. We had a two room ensuite and was very happy. Nothinh not to like.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Granada, Nicaragua
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here in Jan 13 whilst visiting my daughter who was volunteering in Leon. Lovely dental location. Quiet and peaceful with excellent breakfast. Nice garden hammock area to chill if I ever come to Leon again I will book the Colibri

• Stayed November 2013
Wherever I lay my head
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I'm always searching for a nice chill place to hang out when I travel and Colibri was perfect for just that. The atmosphere was excellent and the gardens are the perfect place to chill out. I really felt at home while I was staying with them. The staff were always helpful. Whether you're looking for help around the city, surrounding areas or tours, Albertus and Rasta are full of great advice. If you don't speak spanish there are members of staff speaking fluent english and they are quite patient if you are trying to learn and practice your spanish. Breakfast is always a bonus and there's something tranquil about dining with the visiting hummingbirds in the back garden :) The rooms were always clean and plenty of room to sort your stuff when you need. Thanks for a great stay and can't wait to see you again when we come back through Leon.

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the street so noise isn't an issue, bathrooms front and back and good in...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Juan del Sur, Rivas, Nicaragua
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Colibri is definitely a favorite of mine in Nicaragua. It's a nice relaxing/peaceful hostel that is extremely clean and comfortable. They have an amazing staff that is very helpful, delicious free breakfast, and fast/reliable wi-fi. Colibri has nice, large rooms with very comfortable beds (even in the dorm) and a large clean kitchen available for cooking your own meals. And the best part, it's VERY affordable. Our whole group was very satisfied with our stay at the Colibri. I will definitely stay there my next time in Leon for the entire stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Arkansas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I hadn't expected much from this hostel as I really didn't study up on one before I made my way through town. It turns out that I would have a very memorable stay at Colibri as well as stay for a few more days than expected. The prices were good and the staff was helpful for pointing out points of interest in Leon as well as advice for trekking to other locations. The hostel had a great diverse group of individuals staying there and really helped make the experience even better. For the rooms, they were clean and every bit as nice as more expensive places I stayed. The kitchen and bathrooms were slightly above par for hostels which was nice. I would recommend this place for the traveler looking to network and share great adventures and laughs but still likes to get some sleep.

Room Tip: If you are traveling in a three person group you can get the best deal per person on a private room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

After a long few days traveling my stay at Colibri was a very welcome change of pace. From the moment I entered the hostel I was looked after and made to feel very welcome by all the staff. It has a real nice chill out spot out the back with a few hammocks in the shade and some decent WiFi to catch up with everything going on. Clean rooms with fans to keep cool during the night followed by a tasty breakfast included with my nights stay. Would recommend to anyone! Great hostel and hosts.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've spent a lot of time in Leon and stayed at several hostels but this is my new go-to spot. Definitely a relaxing place, not party a hostel. It was clean, had a great staff and the included breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends