Harvest House Nicaragua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsplace to stayshared bathroomwithin walking distancejasonapartmentguestskitchencommunitywifihostel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Harvest house really offers anything you could ask for when staying long-term in a city like León.
In the house you have big private rooms, clean well-equipped kitchen, good (by nicaraguan standards awesome) wifi, comfy rocking-chairs (amazing!) in nicely decorated living rooms.
The location is central but still not on the busiest street and close to a big market and a lot of small food stores.
Since most people are staying long-term you get a good chance to meet and get to know a lot of really nice people. While I was staying we often went out for dinner together and if you want to make a weekend trip you're likely to find someone who wants to tag along. I made a lot of good friends here.
The owner of the house Jason, really make an effort to be a good host and make sure that everyone staying are having a good time.
If I went back to León, this would be my place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Cannot say one bad word about the place. You get used to a general lack of profesional standards while in Nicaragua, but this place is anything but. The owner Jason makes the ultimate effort to ensure that the house is constantly in tiptop shape in terms of cleanliness and safety. It makes the adjustment period considerably easier. This is place is really ideal for someone who wants to settle down in Leon for a prolong stay and avoid the cloistered feeling of a hostel. That said, it is a social atmosphere of a mix crowd. While staying there, I have to say that everyone got on really well. Just a really positive atmosphere that makes Leon all the more special!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pat D
Reviewed 14 September 2012

After residing here for almost 6 months, it was certainly an adventure. Unlike most hotels, hostels, and B&Bs, you just "come and go" here, the name Harvest house is a good name, as I'm not sure why but everyone just seems to talk amongst each other, and a very welcoming atmosphere is created!! The time just flies by, and you look back and wonder where it has gone....I recommend this place for anyone staying or need to stay in or around the Leon area, and you will see why it's a Home away from Home feeling!!! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoyed mine @ the Harvest House in Leon Nicaragua...THANK YOU JASON and to all the GREAT friends I had a chance to meet, Jaci, Nikki, Chris, and Dorein and a few others whom I cannot recall their names but they know who they are :)

Tom

Room Tip: The private rooms are huge !!! Only reason I gave a 4 on Location is it is on the other side of Leon about 10 blocks from the Central Park..nothing a $1 taxi can't handle :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom E
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at Harvest House for a little more than two months. First I had a big room with a shared bathroom (shared with one other person), and then I had a smaller room with private bathroom. Both rooms were really nice, clean, light and quiet. There is a lovely cleaning lady who cleans every day. There is also a really good Wifi which is rare in Nicaragua, and a big modern kitchen which is good because I love cooking. The location is excellent, it is close to the center and there is a market, loads of pharmacies and comedores nearby.
The people staying at the house are mostly staying for at least a month, some stay for a really long time. Mostly the guests were people volunteering or working in León, and we often did things together, like going out for beers, trips to the beach or dancing.
Overall Harvest House is a great place to stay, I can really recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank emballage
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This place is not like any hostel you will find in Leon. You really do feel at home with folks who are staying in Leon more permanently or at least for longer than just a few days. Instead of being with folks who are on vacation and mostly partying, most of the folks at Harvest House are working, volunteering and here to do good things with and for the people of Nicaragua. I've met so many amazing people here with beautiful hearts who are now good friends. It's also a beautiful house that has a great breeze that blows through to keep it cool (Leon is super HOT!) and I never had to worry about mosquitos eating me alive like in most places around here. Plus, Jason, the owner is super nice and has helped me with so many things that was not even his responsibility. You will feel safe, secure and at home here.

Room Tip: I like the room in the back closest to the back patio. It is smaller than the other rooms but it is the most private and at night I could even leave my door open and stick my fan just outside the door to pull the cool air in from the patio. That was awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo