“Nice BBQ place ”

Ranked #24 of 101 Restaurants in Leon
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In our restaurant we have service with Restaurant Bar, national and international cuisine, delicious menus for lunch, dinner, dishes Executives and snacks, rich bar national and international drinks.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great selection of cocktails. I get very excited when I see Macuas on the menú and beers other than Victoria and Tona. The macua was served with an umbrella which i thought was very cute. Macua being the national concktail of Nicaragua should be served in a jícara with a molenillo stirrer (hint) Service is pretty good. The meat is cooked well done and they really mean well done. This is the way meat is cooked in Nicaragua and they find it difficult to cook it any other way. I ordered the Carnivoro tower and asked for médium rare. It was well done, but still tasty. The grilled potatoe was super tasty. my sister had the pork medallions with the pineapple sauce. The pineapple sauce was delicoius and made from scratch. We got some free tastes I think, stuffed pepper with chorizo? I'm not sure. It would have been nice to know what it was. The waiter just brought it to the table without saying a word. Leon is changing for the better and it is becoming the new Granada. About time!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food was pretty great overall though my father's lamb was a tad overdone. I had sliders with lamb and filet minon and they were delicious. My gin and tonics were well made as were my father's margaritas. He also had a shrimp cocktail with a house made whiskey sauce-I could have eaten the sauce with a spoon.

The servers are friendly and courteous however it is some of the slowest service I've ever received, which is saying a lot in town full of slow service... We were there for two and a half hours and we only got our main course after the two hour point. The appetizer came at about the 90 minute mark. We each ended up having multiple cocktails because of the wait time and even getting those was difficult. The restaurant wasn't terribly crowded but we were treated as if there were multiple parties of 20. Everyone I know who has eaten there has had the same experience. It is also pricey for Leon but for the value of the food the money is worth it. Just don't go expecting to be out in under two hours.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We very much enjoyed the food here and found it to be the best meal we had in Leon. Unfortunately the service was very slow, especially the drinks - I had eaten most of my meal by the time my second glass of wine came.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We quite enjoyed our late night meal here. The food was quite tasty, the prices were very very reasonable, and the drinks were delicious. The service staff is also on top of it's game. Highly recommended if you are hungry in Leon. Bonus that this place stays open later than most other kitchens in this colonial town.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Happy as a vegetarian with a meat-eating boyfriend to find a place that we both enjoyed. They didn't have my first choice, so I opted for houmous and pitta, which was a generous serving. My boyfriend ordered a meat platter and said it was delicious. Our waiter was so attentive and professional that we spent half the evening discussing how good he was, and how we're not used to such good service back home.