“large menu, small prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 95 Restaurants in Leon
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Central American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: In our restaurant we have service with Restaurant Bar, national and international cuisine, delicious menus for lunch, dinner, dishes Executives and snacks, rich bar national and international drinks.
Greenville, South Carolina
“large menu, small prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Carnivoro was a restaurant recommended to us by our hotel, La Pearla. The first night i ate there i had some delicious ribs, which didn't taste like SC's but still good. The next day we thought it was so good that we ate there again that night and i ordered a burger. Good comfort food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Average food, horrible service ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We got one of the meat platters that were pretty good value for money considering how much food there was, however, it took 1 hour 45mins to come and when it did much of the meat was only luke warm alongside the sides being cold.
Considering how long we waited for our food, there was no apology or explanation and any time we wanted any drinks we had to either get up and order from someone or try to flag the waiter down. Overall, I would not recommend tho place to others. While the value is alright there are other better places to eat in Leon

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Great Food, Large Portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Definitely a good place to eat in Leon. We ordered the medium assorted tray of meats ....meatballs, pork chops, ribs, chicken wings, 2 sausages, plantains with cheese, fries, tortilla chips and refried beans....don't go solo on this one! Very reasonable price at 335 cordoba.

“Nice BBQ place ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Great selection of cocktails. I get very excited when I see Macuas on the menú and beers other than Victoria and Tona. The macua was served with an umbrella which i thought was very cute. Macua being the national concktail of Nicaragua should be served in a jícara with a molenillo stirrer (hint) Service is pretty good. The meat is cooked well done and they really mean well done. This is the way meat is cooked in Nicaragua and they find it difficult to cook it any other way. I ordered the Carnivoro tower and asked for médium rare. It was well done, but still tasty. The grilled potatoe was super tasty. my sister had the pork medallions with the pineapple sauce. The pineapple sauce was delicoius and made from scratch. We got some free tastes I think, stuffed pepper with chorizo? I'm not sure. It would have been nice to know what it was. The waiter just brought it to the table without saying a word. Leon is changing for the better and it is becoming the new Granada. About time!

Leon, Nicaragua
“Great Food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food was pretty great overall though my father's lamb was a tad overdone. I had sliders with lamb and filet minon and they were delicious. My gin and tonics were well made as were my father's margaritas. He also had a shrimp cocktail with a house made whiskey sauce-I could have eaten the sauce with a spoon.

The servers are friendly and courteous however it is some of the slowest service I've ever received, which is saying a lot in town full of slow service... We were there for two and a half hours and we only got our main course after the two hour point. The appetizer came at about the 90 minute mark. We each ended up having multiple cocktails because of the wait time and even getting those was difficult. The restaurant wasn't terribly crowded but we were treated as if there were multiple parties of 20. Everyone I know who has eaten there has had the same experience. It is also pricey for Leon but for the value of the food the money is worth it. Just don't go expecting to be out in under two hours.

• Visited May 2014