“Nice spot, lovely hotel, everything you need.”

Hotel Cacique Adiact
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Leon
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Nice spot, lovely hotel, everything you need.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is lovely, I can see why it's in #1 spot. Rooms are comfortable, beds so nice to sleep in, lovely soft pillows, quiet a/c, great hot water and the pool is huge! Service in all areas of the hotel is impeccable and staff go out of their way to help you with whatever you need! Food in the restaurant was really well priced and good quality dishes! You should stay here.

Room Tip: Room 2 was fabulous!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank becn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Idaho
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for $105 a night. It was right be the pool, the kitchen was perfect, and having two bedrooms after travelling with kids for several weeks was really nice. The breakfast was really good with many options and we hired the hotel to drive us to Granada. They have a brand new mini van and transport was perfect. Highly recommend this hotel. The spa around the corner is also a great place to get manicures and pedicures for $6 and $7.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Idaho4
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our guidebook said you will lose your heart to Leon and it was right. We loved the bustle, the revolutionary history and crumbling grandeur. Coming home to Hotel Cacique Adiact with lovely rooms and balconies and a much needed swim was wonderful. Everyone really friendly including welcoming us back from a spectacular thunderstorm and rain soaked trip to the volcano with hot cups of tea

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed for two nights at this hotel and highly enjoyed my time there. First of all, I arranged an airport pickup through this hotel for $70. Gonzalo was my driver and he was wonderful. He stopped at a gas station so I could buy some drinks and snacks for my hotel room before we hit the road. The hotel itself was very nice and super clean. There is free wifi, a gym, and a nice pool. Breakfast is included with your rate. For breakfast there's a small buffet with coffee, fruit, pancakes, and tortillas. Once you get to your table, the waitress brings you a small menu so you can order eggs, omelettes, gallo pinto, etc. After breakfast, I went exploring the city. Oswaldo at the front desk has free maps and directed me in the direction of the main square. It was nice to walk around and explore, although Leon is so incredibly hot that I couldn't stay out as long as I would have liked! I came back after my morning walk to cool off in the wonderful air-conditioning of my room. It felt so good after spending time out in the sun! In the evening, I sat out on the little deck attached to my room and watched lightning light up the sky. It was beautiful and nice to enjoy the cooler night air. If I ever come back to Leon, I will definitely stay here. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a great hotel at a decent price!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel was the highlight of Leon for me. Great location blocks from the center, the staff were lovely and accommodating, the pool is beautiful and the grounds surrounding it lovely and relaxing. The rooms are interesting with the bedroom separated by a long hallway where there is a sitting room, the TV and kitchenette. And the best part, it had a door to a patio in the garden area where the pool also is, with a hammock!!! Clearly I had not done my research as I had no idea the hotel included all this..it was simply lovely, and wonderful to come back to after long and hot days in Leon. The temperature is cool in the suite even without the air on. The included breakfast was also great with cereal, fresh fruit, toast, pancakes, delicious fresh juices etc plus you could also have eggs and gallo pinto with it. Unbelievable deal for the quality. Highly highly recommend. The only negative, and I hope Management reads this to know..we took an afternoon city tour which seemed to not be the typical morning guide they use. The tour was $25 per person and supposed to include entrances to 5 places. We went to 3 and the entrance fees were basically nothing, the guide, Luis, offered very little info, and we felt ripped off given the morning tour costs $15. So if you take this tour stick with the morning one as it seems to be the guy they use most.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
thorbjornw, Owner at Hotel Cacique Adiact, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We are happy you liked your stay with us and hope to see you back here soon.
Regarding the city tour, this was not provided by us. We have our own tour guide, Gonzalo, but he was that afternoon dropping some other clients off at the airport. What we do in these cases is that we refer to the other tour operators in Leon. We have our own pricelist, which I understand is generally cheaper than the others (we charge for example 15 USD for the guided city tour), but we can of course not set the prices for the other tour operators. We shall however talk to the tour operator you used and tell them that you were not satisfied with the quality (and the price). It is always difficult for us to recommend other tour operators, as quality tends to vary, so we normally suggest various so the client can choose. Most of them have their pamphlets available at the reception.
Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had few great nights here on a house hunting trip with a buddy. decent breakfast, nice pool, fantastic rooms & we were left alone & felt safe. The few nice looking local girls we saw working at the hotel was a definitely a nice addition. 2 bedroom/2 bath rooms are nice so you have a little privacy whether you're there with kids or friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emory H
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed two nights at the hotel and loved it. Friendly and helpful staff, air conditioning, fast wifi, and a great breakfast made this hotel a little slice of heaven for us in the hot, hot city of Leon. The beds are extremely comfortable and everything is very clean, including the swimming pool. The staff helps make the experience - they can give advice on where to get the best local food, arrange travel out to Las Penitas (beach town just 20 min out), and even arrange tours. I would highly recommend the hike on Cerro Negro (volcano boarding as an option, but we just did the hike and ran down the side, running just as fast as the boarders for much less of a cost). Gonzalo was our guide and he was great - be sure to ask for him. Overall, great stay if you want to escape a bit of the hustle and heat of the City.

Room Tip: If you stay in a room on the second floor, you'll have a lovely balcony to enjoy a drink in the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple