“OK museum”

Ranked #10 of 46 things to do in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This museum is 98% in Spanish. The university of Leon maintains a small garden adjacent to a few rooms that contain objects from two famous poets. It is unfortunately that there isnt an English version that does the poetry justice. I heard that Ruben Darios work Azul is quite marvelous to read. He had an extremely hard life, growing up in this house with adopted parents. I believe that the room that contains a library has little use here. I did like the presentations of the currency and books first editions that the poet wrote. The paintings were also interesting to view. Otherwise I think the average American would not enjoy this museum.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I would only go here if I had extra time. I would not plan my time around being here. I have rated it a 3 because there was no cost! The courtyard is beautiful and the period furniture is interesting. If some things were available to read in English I'm sure the experience would have been way more meaningful. Even if someone could have explained anything in English it would have been beneficial. This museum is not much of an experience unless you have a Spanish guide or understand Spanish.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was very interesting to visit this museum as part of our walking tour of Leon with Julio of Julio's Tours. We learned a lot.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the childhood home of one of the greatest poets of the Spanish language. It has been meticulously restored and has many personal belongings of Rubén Darío as well as period furniture (XVIII-XIX centuries), first editions of his work and many photographs and portraits depicting his literary triumphs in Paris, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Chile. A sanctuary to one of the most influential men in the literary world of the closing of the XIX century.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Truthfully I didn't know who Ruben Dario was before entering. I came to find out he is a poplar poet from the late 1800's This is his house along with some belongings. Mostly pictures and his writings. Really not my thing. Price of admission was good, Free.