“A pleace for a getaway from everyday...”
Review of hotel Bisevo

hotel Bisevo
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vis
Zagreb, Croatia
“A pleace for a getaway from everyday...”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Hotel is from early 80's and stayed that way till today...but still, clean bathrooms, old but comfortable and clean beds, good everyday food (fish dishes are very good!) and perfectly location (basicly on the beach) gives you more than enough reasons to come back (of course if you are not asking for any kind of luxory). The moste important to say is that it is in the heart of Komiza, one of the moste beautiful places on earth where seems that time is stoped and you can finally having a real resting holidays.

1 Thank sanjamedic

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night and wow, where do I begin. This hotel is so disgustingly outdated, dark and dirty. The only thing going for this hotel is the location and the beach front property. Jokingly I told my husband I wouldn't be surprised if we woke up drugged in the morning with vital organs removed however, I did wake up in a panic at 3am with the realization I was only half kidding. In all seriousness, pick a better place to stay or your trip to the amazing Island of Vis may be forever tainted.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AllisonPDX

Travellers are raving about these Vis hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I don't want to take much time to review this hotel since everything that I would say has already been said about this hotel in other reviews. I have been all over the world and stayed at some very weird places, but this one takes the cake. I would much rather sleep on the street then to stay here again, I'm being serious!! With the abundance of wonderful apartments in the area, it is completely unnecessary to stay at this hotel. The sad thing is that it has so much potential because of its location, but is in a state of total neglect. Also, both my wife and I woke up in the middle of the night with welts all over our bodies!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank mishafry
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and a great location right beside a large pebbly beach which is perfect for swimming.

The hotel is very 1980s, very much at the 'budget' end of the scale and seems to be popular with middle-aged and retired Croatian couples.

Although the bedroom was comfortable and quiet, the breakfast was very basic and the Wifi is not free. If we were going to return to Komiza we would probably opt to rent a self-catering apartment as the Hotel Bisevo offered little that we could not have found elsewhere.

Having said that, the staff were perfectly helpful and friendly and the hotel is adequate if all you need is a place to dump your stuff, wash and sleep but no more than that.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ok so i knew it would be basic .. that I can do .. but hotels this poor should not exist as they zap any feeling of relaxation right out of you .. and surely that is what a holiday is all about!
Main reception means you have stairs from car park .. not good with cases. The lift is old, small and noisey. Our room was round the corner from the lift but it still woke us up during night.
We booked a double room .. we got a room with 3 single beds. It was incredibly dated .. dirty carpet .. stains .. bathroom dirty too.
View over flat roof extension and onto building in front ... only see sea if looked to side.
Bed was uncomfortable. Bad sleep through bed comfort and noise from corridor and lift.
First night about to go to bed .. it was hot .. air conditioining unit in room ... bracket on wall .. no controller!? So we visted reception who sheppishly informed us that air cond was extra!! When we agreed to this they presented us with a controller with our room number on it!!! Really!!???
I did wonder if I could try to trade in my tv controller in return as the tv looked so old I couldn't imagine it working! LOL
Of course no wi-fi without charge .. didn't bother.
Breakfast .. agree with comments from others .. dry bread ... squash instead of juice ... frankfurters .. mixed fruit tasted out of date.
This isnt basic .. its dirty .. sloppy service ...poor rooms.
Book an apartment instead .. enjoy the local restaurants. Lovely island and great country ... just stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I cannot find enough word to describe this place. Island of Vis is one of the best places in Croatia and Hotel Bisevo is a true disaster. I am not a luxury guy but the value for money does not exist in this place. We got food poison in this hotel with apsolutlly no reaction from the staff and hotel management. We only got repply from the vaitor that it is not his fault so we have escaped from the hotel very soon. Elevator makes so much noice that you cannon ignore this anoying sound. The "hotel" is not so clean and the breakfast is always the same: salamies, hot dogs, powder milk, and eggs. For dinner you would need to have very sharp and strong knife so you could slice your "steak", but the mash potatoes is very delicious (it is made of powder). Offcourse, you will pay 100 euros for this service, per night. For this money, you can rent two bedroom appartment and have dinner it an excellent fish restaurant. Save your time and money and avoid this so called hotel.

2 Thank Slobodan H
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The first thing I liked about the hotel was a nice parking place with even some shadow for the car.

Unfortunately the first nice impression was destroyed right after that when I had to carry all bags 2 floors down to the reception because there are no elevators connecting parking entrance on the hill.

We took better rooms with the sea view and I really liked the view! Room was old, but with plenty of space and clean (as much as this is possible with very outdated furniture). The stuff was kind and they tried to do their best if you came with a problem.

Here is where good things end. I don't understand how they can try to get you out of your room at 8.10 in the morning just beacuse they want to clean it? And half hour later cleaning lady starts to explain you that she has still so much to clean, that you really should let her do that! Once she even didn't return so room was not cleaned at all!

The food was terrible! I don't mind if there is simple breakefast, but I really don't want to see old and dry bread! Only 2 times there was fresh bread for breakefast! Once because we came at 8.00 instead at 7.00 as usuall and I guess people already ate all old bread. Second time I don't know what happened but we all had to wait till 7.20 to get it. There was probably none of the old one left from the dinner.

Dinners were something special. You were given the same table each evening and you had to decide if you are coming at 19.00 or 20.00. That's because those who start at 19.00 had to finish the dinner before the next shift at 20.00 came. And I thought I was on holidays? For me that's not dinner from 19.00 - 21.00 if you have to decide for the whole staying between coming at 19h or 20h.

After first dinner we were told that we cannot put the bill for drinks on our room because we should ask for that when ordering. Ok, strange. When I did like that next time waitress told me that she pressed the wrong key and that unfortunately we have to pay it right away. Next days she learned to hit the right key... :))

There were always 3 menus for the meal except on weekend when they were just 2 (don't understand this logic). You had to tell in advance for the next day what you want to eat. It was always fish, meat or pasta.

The soup was always with the smell and taste of the low quality instant soup! Not just that, there was some oil added to it so I had feeling like I want to eat some bread along what I never do.

Fish was always swimming for the second time, this time on your plate in oil. Plenty, plenty of oil, Everything was soaked with it! Pasta was not good either! And the meat usually had some french fries, not even close to the quality of McDonalds. (I never thought I could find something even worse that McDonalds)

There was a salad bar! And in the season where there is so much fresh vegetables in the market, half of the salad was from the can, like it's winter time when there is nothing fresh growing outside.

For the desert there was usually fruit. Strange, I'd love some fruit for breakefast, not dinner. For example after eating instant soup and oily fish, we got 4 plums per person for desert. Next time 1 banana or slice of watermellon (at least that was season fruit!)

After every dinner I felt like I was inflated baloon even I didn't eat much because portions were actually very small. 2 days before leaving I got sick during the night and had to throw up. Later I even got a fiver which finally stopped at the time of writing this review, after few days...

Oh, and the bread for dinner was not fresh too! Really don't know how they managed to get old bread for both dinner and breakefast?

1 Thank GBxl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vis
Hotel Issa
Aparthotel Pharia
Aparthotel Pharia
#8 of 16 in Hvar
The Sea House Apartments

Been to hotel Bisevo? Share your experiences!