Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Visit to Split Croatia

Split is the second largest city in Croatia. We visited the UNESCO Heritage site of Roman Emperor... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2018
Joyce C
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile
Military tour + Wine tasting was the best in Vis

My wife an I are on our honeymoon, so we’ve been fortunate enough to go on a few tours. We thought... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2018
RuppChris
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
via mobile

All reviews highest peak wine tasting great tour military tour cold war hidden tunnels an amazing guide highly recommend this tour amazing history amazing island interesting information island vis amazing experience land rover explanation hr parts
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

This is must visit tour on Vis. It was mine 5th time visiting island of Vis exploring things one by another and this was definitely most amazing experience of all. Combination of history stories, sightseeing and secret locations are right on spot. Our tour guide was Tomislav and I have to say it's really refreshing to see someone so enthusiastic doing his work. We were all impressed with level of knowledge and information that Tomislav has. He is also always ready for some joke so this makes the tour like friendly meeting. I would definitely recomend it to everybody visiting Vis. And also to visit Vis because of tour. Thank you very much once again. See you next time. Hrvoje M.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best tour I ever took. I am from Miami and this tour was suggested to us by a friend. I don't know was I more amazed by the amount of information provided by our tour guide Tomislav or by the passion he is telling all the stories with. It took him 8 years of interviewing locals and everyone involved around the military story of island Vis to connect the dots and provide all the possible information and explanations about WW2, Yugoslavian war, Tito, Cold War and how are things related. I've done numerous tours all around the world but this was the most authentic, non-touristy tour ever. He also went all the way back to founding the island back in 3rd century before Christ from Greeks and explained the history of island that wasn't related to its military story. Tomislav was super professional and knowledgeable and I believe there is no person on that island that can tell you more about Vis then him. I strongly recommend this tour because without knowing the background stories about the fortress, tunnels and all the sites on the island, it is just not as interesting. We took the tour second day of our stay and even though we had already walked around and seen some of the sites on our first day, it seemed a little plain and boring before the tour. Can't wait to come back next year.

1  Thank maja c
Tomislav M, Owner at Visit, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

WOW Maja, thank you very much for your time to write such a great review.
CU, cheers, Tomislav

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I traveled and been on many tours...it is rare to expirience nowadays someone with so many interesting information and so much passion to tell it!!
The tour itself is interesting but the way that is presented is just amaizing!

Tomislav M, Owner at Visit, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi Zeljka, tnx for hitting the point :-) Cheers, Tomislav

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We all really enjoyed our tour with Andre, he was really passionate and knew so much about the island. Highly recommend this tour if you visit Vis.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Me and my sister take the military tour with visit.hr. It was really great experience because we visit not only all the military atractions on island Vis but also very nice places with beautiful sea and island view. I would definitely recommend this tour and agency, it is good opportunity to see the island Vis and to hear about the interesting history. Thank you visit.hr for such exciting and nice day!

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction