“Beautiful. My favorite place.”

Pere Marquette Park
Ranked #1 of 41 things to do in Muskegon
Trenton, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful. My favorite place.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Amazing beach. I return as often as I can, without any desire to be somewhere else. This beach offers basically anything you can ask for. I do not use the concessions, so I can't speak to that aspect of the trip. The beach is so bug and offers many different areas of access- you can make the hike from the parking lot to the water behind the bathhouse and enjoy the openness of the clean sands and gorgeous water or get to the water faster parking and using the "short beach". After my 1st and 3rd back surgeries we used the short/baby beaches- I couldn't bear to not be in the sand and water- and this location was perfect for accessing the beach for someone with limited mobility. We parked by the water treatment plant and had a very short walk to serenity. Love this place. We are back again this summer and will continue to visit every summer. Hoping we can do something to get the city back on its feet.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary M

Bartlett, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“High quality except for restrooms”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Loved this beach. When we came, the parking was free. The playground on the beach was a huge hit with our kids. The restrooms could have used some help, but even Grand Haven's were not that great. Seeing the boats come in was pretty cool. The food and restrooms were the only low point. I would definitely come here again, especially with kids.

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Great beach and hiking trails; perfect for walking or bike ridiing. Me and my kids enjoyed every minute there.

1 Thank fesiknrs
Muskegon
“Awesome !!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This beautiful clean white sand beach is rated within the top 10 in the USA! We just love the beach here and the people are so friendly, too.

Muskegon, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A great family experiance! Miles of beautiful, clean sandy beach. You can either stay at the main beach which has a large bathroom facility, play equiptment, snack bar, beach toy rental or head along the shore for a less crowded experiance. That being said the main beach is so big although there is always a crowd, it is big enough to not feel crowded. Also Free parking everywhere. Furthur down "the oval drive" is a dog beach, or if you head the other way a park with grills/play equipment and more bathrooms. This part of the park is walking distance to the USS Silversides. All in all makes for a great beach day. I would say that the only thing that is lacking is the food selection, I would recommend either bringing a packed lunch or taking a short 4min drive to Dockers Resturant.

3 Thank sarahse20