“Wonderful Lake Side Experience”

Pere Marquette Park
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited this Park twice on our trip. Once in the morning - it was raining but very peaceful and quite. Then again for sunset photographs.

All reviews
"hot summer day"
"snack bar"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Amazing beach. I return as often as I can, without any desire to be somewhere else. This beach offers basically anything you can ask for. I do not use the concessions, so I can't speak to that aspect of the trip. The beach is so bug and offers many different areas of access- you can make the hike from the parking lot to the water behind the bathhouse and enjoy the openness of the clean sands and gorgeous water or get to the water faster parking and using the "short beach". After my 1st and 3rd back surgeries we used the short/baby beaches- I couldn't bear to not be in the sand and water- and this location was perfect for accessing the beach for someone with limited mobility. We parked by the water treatment plant and had a very short walk to serenity. Love this place. We are back again this summer and will continue to visit every summer. Hoping we can do something to get the city back on its feet.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Loved this beach. When we came, the parking was free. The playground on the beach was a huge hit with our kids. The restrooms could have used some help, but even Grand Haven's were not that great. Seeing the boats come in was pretty cool. The food and restrooms were the only low point. I would definitely come here again, especially with kids.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Great beach and hiking trails; perfect for walking or bike ridiing. Me and my kids enjoyed every minute there.

1  Thank fesiknrs