“Search "Pints and Quarts Salmonella food poisoning" b4 u go”
Review of Pints & Quarts

Pints & Quarts
Ranked #60 of 220 Restaurants in Muskegon
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We dined at Pints and Quarts Nov 1, 2013. 2 days later, we were so sick we had to go to the ER. Doctor confirmed it was food poisoning. The next day, when I had enough strength I called Pints and Quarts and spoke to the GM. He denied it could be their restaurant, but assured me they would call me back if anyone else reported getting sick. Needles to say he never called back. We only discovered their was a Salmonella outbreak at P&Q weeks later on a local News channel. When I called P&Q back, the "NEW" manager was very defensive and claimed many restaurants were being investigated. Didn't mention it was the restaurant next to theirs which they own as well. After further discussion the NEW Manger did confirm they were being investigated for Salmonella food poisoning. When asked why I wasn't called back when I was told I would on Nov 1, she said they must have lost my phone number. When asked if there was anything else I wanted I said "yes". I want the owner to call me back and explain to me how they inform and treat their customers after something so serious as this happens. She said he would. Then all I got was the public relations person. To this day the owner has never called to apologize or ask how we were doing. If you ever had Salmonella food poisoning then you know how serious this is. I will never go back nor recommend this restaurant to anyone. In my opinion, greed over customer safety rules here.

2  Thank dwetterm

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We have eaten here several times. The food, especially the burgers are fantastic. The burgers are so big, they could be split between two people if you wanted to eat light. Dinner salad is also excellent and just the right size to accompany any of the burgers or other entrees. Atmosphere is noisy. Recent visit on a Friday night was so noisy, we could not talk across the table without raising our voices. Service was also a little slow on that Friday night. In spite of that, we would eat here again because of the food.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We used Pints & Quarts as a mid way point on a recent cycling outing from Grand Rapids. Given there are no micro brews currently open in Muskegon, this was the next best thing. I've eating at the connecting restaurant of C.F Prime so I had a hunch we would enjoy this place. Hunch was right, our server was wonderful, very relaxed but still checked on us on the patio regularly. Beer selection was great, and everyone's meals were fantastic as well.

They also had some rare brews to try. I enjoyed the founder's DOOM and Mango Magnifico.

Plan a fall color tour, and will be back. Hopefully we can even get the same server because she was great! We sat on the patio, but the interior looked very nice as well, with a vast selection of tv's for watching sports.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

On vacation and stopped there because my favorite burger joint had too long of a wait. I was impressed with the variety and quality of food. The reuben was great and my girlfriend had the BMT mac & cheese (bacon, mac & tomato) which was fantastic. Service was very attentive. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We met other family members here for dinner last night making it a party of 8. The hostess was frendly and got us seated quickly. I must say, the selection of beers makes this place one of the best watering holes for beer lovers. We all had sandwiches or salads to eat and they were all good. The service was prompt and the prices are reasonable. We'll go back.