My stay was short as it was for business the next morning. It was my first visit to this hotel and the city of Muskegon. I was shocked that a hotel decorated in such ornate, antique fashion was so impeccably clean! The lobby, common areas and business center had a lot of charm and old flavor.
My room was booked under the company's room block and had no issues with check-in. The clerk was extremely friendly and attentive. When I got to my 6th floor room, neither key would work. I went back down, the clerk fixed it immediately and even accompanied me to my room to be sure they worked this time. Nice.
The room was perfectly clean, the furniture had a solid, antique feel. It was very quiet, not even noise from the elevator right outside my room. There was a microwave, coffee maker, fridge and sink — basically a mini-kitchenette. The desk area was very useful with enough outlets, a comfortable desk chair and free (fast) Wi-Fi to do online work. The bed was comfortable with plush comforters and sheets with soft and firm pillows. The only issue was the heating/cooling system. The digital thermostat was great, but the vents were extremely loud every time the heat would kick in.
The bathroom was sparkling clean and had nice upgrades like spa shower gel and a makeup remover towelette.The bathroom didn't have a tub in it, but they make you aware of that on the website.
I didn't visit the indoor pool, but it looked very organized, clean and inviting.
I was most impressed with the free breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurts, fruit cups, waffles, assorted breads, cereals, various juices, milks, coffees, teas. Most of the food is in the bar area, but be sure to walk into the dining room for more choices! Everything was well stocked and clean with plenty of variety including tortillas and toppings for breakfast burritos,
You have to walk a little bit uphill to get to the hotel and in the winter, with slippery snow on the ground, this was left to be desired. You also have to walk outside to get to the restaurant.
Besides being so well-kept, the other high impression was the friendliness of the staff. I'm not sure if one can be "over-friendly", but if so, they did it! Every time I passed a maid, clerk or maintenance person they ALWAYS greeted me or even struck up conversation. They made you feel like they were genuinely happy that you were there. That really made me feel welcome.
I only wish I had more time to enjoy this fantastic hotel! Maybe I'll make a weekend leisure trip back to Muskegon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shoreline Inn, an Ascend Collection Hotel, is a full service, modern vintage themed, waterfront resort located on Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Michigan. Built new in 2002 and updated in 2013, the hotel features oversized rooms, floor to ceiling window walls, 1st class amenities, business level accommodations and spectacular views of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreline Inn At Terrace Point Hotel Muskegon
- Shoreline Hotel Muskegon
- Shoreline Hotel At Terrace Point