“go somewhere else!!!!!”

Belaire Motel
Belaire Motel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed 7 July 2013

we usually stay at the bay mount,but it was all booked,so we stayed at the bel-aire. the owner was very sweet,but that is the only nice thing I can say. the bathroom looked clean,until some water was spilled on the floor,when I got a towel to wipe it up,the towel was dirty. also we all got very bit up from spiders,because when we went to leave,I discovered that behind both headboards,it was loaded with cobwebs,also when I pulled the sheets back from the bed,they looked as if they hadn't been changed,there was long hair in the boys bed,they both have short.I strongly suggest the owner FIRE the housekeeper if she wants her business to continue.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Lori K

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Owner is nice and place is clean but don't stay in end room. Air conditioner doesn't cool end rooms sufficiently. When you pay well over $100 for a room you shouldn't have to sweat!
We asked for a discount but was told she already knocked $25 off the price and normally gets $165 for a room. This is an outrageous price for a room comparable to a Super 8!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Larry G
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Joan, (the owner) has been like a grandmother to the dozen or so of us who, wouldnt come to Muskegon Bike Time without her! She and her excellent motel staff have been as much or more of an experience for our large group as the city based activities! We, (collectively) recommend Joan and her clean, home-like hotel for anyone wanting to experience Muskegon at its finest!

There is absolutely no comparison. If you want the real experience, stay at the Belaire!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank stephan m
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I phoned this motel first to confirm that they could rent me a room with an internet connection. When I checked in, I asked if my room would have an internet connection. I was told "yes" and provided an ethernet cable. Upon checking into room #21, I could find no ethernet port anywhere in the room. I phoned the front desk. The woman who checked me in came to my room and began searching for an ethernet port. She could not find one either. She asked me to wait while she returned to the office. After waiting fifteen minutes, I loaded all my luggage back into the rental and returned to the front desk to check out. The same woman who checked me in told me she was merely the housekeeper, that she did not know how to refund the charge to my credit card, that her employer had left alone, untrained, and uninformed, and that there was nothing she could do. It is apparent that this motel will soon be out-of-business and that you should bring your business to the local Holiday Inn Express or Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere: try the local Holiday Inn Express or Red Roof Inn.
Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank autoharper
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My adventure started at BayMont hotel. I have stayed there many times with no hic-hups. Well I had my dog this time and she was over the weight restrictions. Baymont recommend BelAir motel because they accept dogs. On the way, I called Bel-Air to check availabilty and price. The receptions was very friendly and told me to stop by to check out their rooms. When I arrived, I rang the bell as the sign instructed. I waited for 10 minutes before being addressed and when I was, it was an elderly women in her bra!! After getting dressed and coming to the desk we were bombarded with the owner's dogs and questions. Why did we want a room? Why were in town? I felt invaded. I let her know that Baymont recommend them and I have a dog. She said the room was 65$ on the phone, but talking with her face to face, she said it was a discount because of Baymont, she knew nothing on the phone about the other hotel when she quoted me 65 on the phone. When I stayed it was Veterans day and I asked if they do military discount,because I am in the Air Force and I was told that the 65 dollar price was a military discount. Ok, I am not fussy and let that all slide, the motel is close to the highway and I get up at 430am for work, so the location was convient. During the first hour of my stay, my room had heating issue. The lower you set the heat, the higher the temperture got in the room. There was a knock at the door at 7pm to check the theromastate. I did not call,so how did they know the heat had issue. Then the tv was not working properly,so I call the office. Two people can down and neither could get it to work right and I asked why the sign said free showtime in the rooms when they really don't have it. There was really no anwser. At this point I am a little annoyed since I paid for two days. I called the office to see if I could switch rooms, to one with a properly working tv, and was told I would need to pay 20. more dollars on top of the 172 dollars I have already paid. As the night went on, I went to bed. I received three phone calls this first night. One at 11:30, 2:30,3:30, and no one was at the other end. I got up for work at 4:30am tired and just plain mad. I felt taken advantage of, for the 172.dollars I paid, my TV should have worked. The bathroom had small black hairs along the rim of the tub and there was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom. I have never experienced anything like this ever before in a hotel or motel. I had only been in the room for 5 minutes from work when there was a knock on my door asking me to move my car a couple of inches back so they could clean the gutters. Within a hour of that there was another knock on my door when I answered it a man was standing there asking me for my credit card number and my license plate number. I told him no and that I would call the office. I called the office and found out that they had actually sent him down for the information instead of asking me to come to the office. That is very unprofessional. About another twenty minutes later he came back and knocked on the door to let me know that my dog should go in the back because there are sand burs in the front. What hotel or motel have you ever gone to where you are bothered by the workers? I then complained to the owner Joan about what was going on but got no response twice. They actually asked me to move rooms for a better TV and said that the heater was a lot better yeah right. What a joke same ole TV and the heater wasn't any different. I then called the office and talked to a girl named Sam about how unhappy I was with all of this stuff going on she said she would talk to the owner and get back to me. After a few hours with no response I called back and talked to Joan about talking to Sam when she proceeded to tell me that Sam doesn't work for her she is just a nanny for someone who lives here what a mess. I asked for a discount from the owner and never received a call back. I will however report them to the better business bureau as a result of my stay here. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I have stayed at many hotels due to the Air Force and have never received this kind of treatment in my life.

Room Tip: Check reviews before booking, and if your looking for a good hotel in muskegon go to Baymont.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank amber k
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Ok, #3 in Muskegon might be a little lofty.

We used this motel as housing for our bridal party.

The motel is older and small, the owner however, made up for it.

The owner treated us like family, she even shed a tear when we left! :,)

When we left several items at the motel (including ones valued at least $400) she called and returned them to us.

Loved the owner

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The rate was reasonable and the place was clean, clean, clean! It is dated...but I'm not using the decor to decorate my home, so it was fine. The bathroom was just spotless. The shower was the tiniest I have EVER seen though. If you're a big guy you'd definitely have been ducking your head!

The owner clearly keeps the place up and invests in the property. When we first drove up I could tell that this place was going to be okay...no peeling paint or trashy corners. Bottom line: I'd stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family