“Awesome food and staff”

Lefty & Romos' Bar and Grill
Ranked #7 of 213 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Excellent pub and grill. A wide variety of items from sandwiches to steak and prime rib. I have gone many times and every meal/experience was great.
Fruitport, Michigan
“Awesome food and staff”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Family goes here at least once a week. Great food Every time!!! Burgers are the best in town. Prices are great.

• Visited March 2014

Muskegon, Michigan
“Something Changed! New Management???”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I have dined here about 4 times within the last year. Each time we ordered the cajun alligator bites which are delicious! However this last visit in January was a different story.

We ordered the alligator bites like we had each time before - same price, same menu - silly us expected the same portion size. When the order came out, the bites didn't even cover the bottom of the bowl they were served in. The server noticed the look of surprise we had when she set them on the table and asked if something was wrong. I told her I couldn't believe how few there were. She asked if I wanted another order. I said yes, if they're free. She quickly turned around and left - never to come back.

She had another server come over to take our dinner order and complete our service. I really would have expected a manager to come speak to us, but nothing happened. It seemed that the server had seen this before - like there was a management decision to cut back on the portion. Seems like if that was the case, that the complaint would have been made to the management.

I had even told family and friends about the excellent gator bites just prior to this last visit. I had to go back and make sure that they didn't go there and order them. I would have hated for them to order them because of my advice and then get the same portion I did.

In any case, we've never had any bad food here and we did like it, but because my favorite dish is no longer any kind of value, I most likely won't be returning. I would have rather they had just taken them off the menu rather than cutting the portion to a third at the same price.

• Visited January 2014
Spring Lake, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raw Burger”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My review is strictly limited to our experience with their burgers on 1 Sunday. My friend ordered a burger well-done, and we stressed to the server "fully cooked" but it arrived with pink inside, which she sent back. Her burger was taken apart and cooked further, returning with a very generous mound of olives (meat was well-done).
In the meantime, I had tackled my burger, which I had requested to be cooked medium-well. Somehow the cook had managed to make about half of it rare, and the other half very nearly raw. I wish I had rejected it outright, but when 1 of the party has already sent food back, what reaction might there be from the cook? The burger was very big, on the plus side.

• Visited March 2014
Muskegon, Michigan
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food is mediocre..always too salty, a little bland and forgettable. Atmosphere is nice but it not nice enough to keep us coming back. Every time I eat here I remember how much I didn't like it the time before. With new recipes/menu this place could be nice…

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carly A
Twin lake
“this place is gross”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Everyone raved about this restaurant so we thought we give it a try. We didn't have to wait very long to be seated, but we were squashed in our booth, we are not fat people, we ordered our food and I thought that they lost the order after about 2 hours. My husband ordered prime rib and it was tough as nails and tasted like it was leftover from a few days ago. My son ordered hog wings they were very dried out and myself I ordered the fish combo of walleye, bluegill & perch they swam in grease on the plate, how gross. We didn't say anything to the waitress because you never know what they would do with your food if you sent it back. We only saw our waitress once after our food was served. I would never ever go back again!! Our 2 big dogs wouldn't even eat the leftovers, does that tell anything.

• Visited January 2014