“A "Working Fishing Boat" Experienced captian.”
Review of Steelhead Charters

Steelhead Charters
Maple Grove, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A "Working Fishing Boat" Experienced captian.”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Got a day with a brisk north wind, rollers between 5-7 feet. I was concerned, small craft advisory, Capt said he would not go out if it wasn't safe. Out with teenage boys, none had ever been sick before so we did not take meds. as we left harbor capt said don't sit down in the galley, it can make you seasick. I and my 17 year old stood in the fishing deck, my 14 year old and 22 year old sat in the galley. "dad I'm fine." into the waves and 10 minutes the 14 year old was sick. capt said he, the 22 yr old doesn't look so good either. it was so rough they could only run 5 lines. He soon had us "on the fish" and my 17 year old and I started working reeling in a bounty. we joked about the puke bait, as between fish I would empty the bucket the other two were sharing.we had doubles on four different times. the boat is a working boat, all about fishing, if you are looking for a pretty ride with alot of comfort, this is not it. The Barbara Rose reminded me of the boat in the Jaws movie, older with wood trim. It is all about getting on the fish and bringing them into the boat. the two sick guys hung on until we started seeing consistant 9 foot waves, time to head in. while the fish were being cleaned I had to run get a bigger cooler. the capt was right, said when the weather punishes you , it usually means you are going to catch fish. we walked away with just under 50 lbs cleaned salmon.

Visited August 2011