“If you like Irish food, if not go elsewhere.”
Review of Hennessy's Pub

Hennessy's Pub
Ranked #49 of 222 Restaurants in Muskegon
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In tradition of the Irish "Public Houses", Muskegon can proudly say that it has its own "Wee bit of Ireland" to come to and have a cold pint and great Irish fare. Hennessy's Irish Pub & Restaurant has a lively atmosphere with traditional Irish dishes along with other worldly cuisine. With 24 beers on tap and 20 Irish whiskeys, Hennessy's is the place to enjoy the perfect pint or any of a wide variety of cocktails. The food is always made from fresh ingredients and local ingredients whenever possible. This is all made better with warm fireplaces and dark woods that accent a festive location for merriment. Our ambition is to be the chosen place to gather with family and friends to share great food, drinks, conversations, and lively music in a cheery and pleasant environment.
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Went in after seeing a billboard for all day happy hour specials and were not offered any when we came in. My husband, two boys and I went in on a Thursday for lunch. Atmosphere is really nice, but waitress/ hostess was a bit wishy washy. Food wasn't anything to really rave about except the chocolate cake :) the bill shocked us a bit being over $40 with two 'kids' meals and I got the $6.99 lunch special. We got a better dinner later that night somewhere else for about $30 with drinks! So, if you are with your family and are new to Irish food I'd skip it. Unless you just want chocolate cake :)

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Worse excuse for an Irish pub. Shepards pie on menu horrible. Service below poor. When here opening weekend a couple of years ago, decided to give them a second try lasy year - not much better. Tried 3rd time - even worse.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

On a whim, my family and I went to Hennessy's and we are all so glad we did. Our server Karie was wonderful - patient and knowledgeable.
As we walked into the restaurant we were greeted by a bar and a full restaurant. Through the hallway was the pub area where karaoke started later on in the night. We chose one of the roomy booths for four of us.
We started with a round of Bell's Oberon, the spinach and artichoke dip, and the mussels and clam provencal. The bread served with both starters was amazing as were the appetizers themselves. By far my favorite spinach and artichoke dip.
The menu is extensive and we were still looking over it while eating (no rush here, unless desired). Two of us chose the beautifully presented (and portioned by weight) rosemary smoked baby back ribs. The sides of potato wedges and Texas chipotle coleslaw were perfect complements.
We also ordered the 7 oz. aged top sirloin with the sauteed onions and mushrooms. The cabernet demi-glace and goat cheese cap made the plate. One of the standard burgers with just about everything on it rounded out our dinner. We shared and loved everything.
To end the meal, we split desserts - the ultimate chocolate cake and the key lime pie. I had just returned from a trip to Key West and tried many pies down there, but this one at Hennessy's was the best of all! Who knew I didn't have to travel there for an expert slice?

We will be back, again and again. If you're in the Muskegon area, grab a booth at Hennessy's and enjoy.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

went there for dinner and ordered the spinach dip as a starter....that was sooo good! next the ribs came...looked amazing....but disappointed with the taste : ( WAY too heavy on the rosemary! i took the first bite with sauce and rub on it....and the second with the sauce and rub scraped off...and still no good. Coleslaw was great though...and so were the garlic mashed potatoes. even though i was disappointed with the ribs I will still return to try some other menu items : ) the other food i had saved them.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I went here with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday. Very good food, everyone was very happy with what they got. I tried several appetizers and all were good. I had the special which was a suffed pork chop, very good. Drinks were a little expensive, but overall great value. Cool atmosphere as well.