“Try someplace else when in Muskegon”
Review of Hennessy's Pub

Hennessy's Pub
Ranked #35 of 225 Restaurants in Muskegon
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In tradition of the Irish "Public Houses", Muskegon can proudly say that it has its own "Wee bit of Ireland" to come to and have a cold pint and great Irish fare. Hennessy's Irish Pub & Restaurant has a lively atmosphere with traditional Irish dishes along with other worldly cuisine. With 24 beers on tap and 20 Irish whiskeys, Hennessy's is the place to enjoy the perfect pint or any of a wide variety of cocktails. The food is always made from fresh ingredients and local ingredients whenever possible. This is all made better with warm fireplaces and dark woods that accent a festive location for merriment. Our ambition is to be the chosen place to gather with family and friends to share great food, drinks, conversations, and lively music in a cheery and pleasant environment.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The two items I had were not good. The clam/mussel side dish had a strong fish smell, and the seafood was dry. My Irish stew was glubby, and there was little question that it was a left-over with little flavor. My wife had perch which was fairly good, except for two pieces that were dried out. Won't be back.

1  Thank foodie544

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had the meatloaf for the main course, a scotch egg for an appetizer. The service was good and the food was average. Good, but average. For one person, appetizer and with water to drink was $16.94. I went at 6:00pm on a Monday evening. Lots of parking and I was seated quickly. I would imagine both of those are different than on weekends.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were in there the weekend of the craft fair and we were horribly disappointed in your food. The fish and chips were ordered by 2 of the 3 at the table and both of them were disappointed. What type of fish comes in chunk form? Only catfish that I am aware of. They said it tasted ok but it should have been a fillet. Irish restaurants are known for that dish:( my burger was the Irish burger. I ordered it medium rare and it was raw. without the bacon. and I ordered a Mangers cider. It tasted AWFUL. and it was 5.50. that is a bit steep for a cider that did not taste right. We have not been happy with the food in quite some time and are really disappointed with the St.Pats menu to the point of giving up on the restaurant. Its overpriced and never tastes good. We figured we would give you one more try and that was it...... I have been sharing my opinion with others and they have had the same issues. You need to work on the quality and taste of your food and your prices are tooooo steep on the beer. We are sick of being gouged for drinks. I paid 6 dollars for a neopoltan milk stout in a 12 oz pour in a plastic glass. I have had that in my fridge numerous times. we are avid craft beer drinkers and know what we should be paying. and we don't want to hear Karaoke in the beer tent rather than a band, its why we can't get anyone to go with us anymore. You guys have a lot of work to do to win anyone I know back, which is sad because we raved about you for years:( This Irish girl will be spending time drinking elsewhere. I wish you well but you will not be seeing us:(
Chat Conversation End

1  Thank DanaandTy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Visited hennessey's with a large party, we got seated right away at a semi private table in a large bay window nook. The perch dinner was awesome as well as the fried asparagus and Irish cream cheesecake. Our waitress, Karen, was very friendly and attentive, just a joy!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place is great! Service, quality and atmosphere is excellent. Cannot wait to go back!