“Great Everything - food, service, atmosphere!”
Review of Verdonis - CLOSED

Verdonis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We LOVED this place! Turned off by the noise of Lefty and Romo's, we made our way down US 31 and turned into Verdonis. We walked in and were immediatly impressed. The bar was separated from the restaurant area; the noise level was a low din, over which we could have a decent conversation.

The waitress was very accommodating and friendly and our food was delicious. I ordered the Sunday gravy with rags (never had it before - LOVED it) and my dining companion ordered the spaghetti with meatballs. Both meals hit the spot, after a long day in the rain.

We will definitely recommend this place to others and go back to it when we are in the area next time.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

So, the restaurant is a little out of the way. Don't be put off. GO THERE! We have dined at Verdonis with a group of friends a few weeks ago, and last night night ate there again with just the two of us. The Food is fantastic. Monday evenings the restaurant has a special. A huge bowl of salad and a large list of dinner items at 2 for $20. I ate so much salad that I barely ate 3 mussels of the very good seafood pasta that I ordered. But to tell the truth next time I will order the Sunday gravy with Rags. Gary ordered this and after a taste this was great, we finished the leftovers for lunch just now. A lasgana noodle with meat sauce and sausage. But then again I love sambuca and the mussels are reported by others in Trip Advisor as being EXCELLENT. Decisions.... decisions. We will just have to eat here again in the next few nights. The waiter Matt was excellent. Matt told us there are also specials in the bar until 7pm. We typically enjoy dining at other local restaurants, but this is a great restaurant for value and taste! Enjoy when you do go, we loved it! Reviewed by Debbie.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We dined here a few weeks ago for the second time and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The food and service is so good. I started with a hous salad w/ housemade Lemon Basil dressing. Wow was this good. For my entree Iordered SUNDAY GRAVY WITH RAGS with
meat sauce & slow simmered beef & sausage . This was so good. If you want to try someplace different give Verdonis a try.

1  Thank ronthegreat_007
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My wife and I dropped in on the Sunday before Memorial Day, we arrived around 4 and sat at the bar which was essentially empty. The bartender was friendly and waited on us very promptly. He had a ready smile and maintained excellent service from start to finish. We opted to share a large pizza knowing we'd be bringing some home.

The pizza menu is quite extensive and we settled on "Charlies Blues" which was ham, garlic, onion and three cheeses. It took about a half hour to arrive, this was fine with us as we enjoyed our cocktails. When the pizza arrived it was literally swimming in grease. I don't know if this was normal or not.... We both love Fricano's and know that people consider that pizza to be a bit greasy but this pizza was way greasier, not close. My wife took napkins to absorb some and she had only one slice. I had two - the flavor was good although there could have been more of the blue cheese presence. The crust was excellent, best part of the pie.

I would go again and try something other than pizza. The look and feel of the place is comfortable and clean. Our service was great and the bloody mary bar on Sunday's sounds very tempting.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The first time I came I tried the drunken mussels on recommendation and I was sold. Now I dream about these mussels!! I have to have them and tell everyone about them. Also, an AMAZING Bloody Mary bar on Sundays!

2  Thank h29h