“best rustic italian for miles”
Review of Verdonis - CLOSED

Verdonis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've been known to drive to Grand Rapids just for a good dinner. That's not the case with Verdonis. It's right here in Muskegon and it's delicious. I've taken friends here from Ann Arbor (and further afield) and they all agree - it's a gem. My only regret is that the fried eggplant dishes have been taken off the menu, sigh . . .

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were here a few years ago and made it a point to return to Verdonis during our most recent trip. We still love the food and the service was great!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went to Verdonis to get a pizza made in their famous wood fired oven. We found the pizza to be very good, very fresh ingredients and filling. We started off with a delicious side salad that was very fresh and a very good house Italian dressing. The pizza came out in good time and we were pleastly surprised on how good it was. It had a very different from normal pizza taste. We would certainly recommend and will visit again for possible pasta dishes.

1  Thank mrf1153
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a party of 8 dine there for a family birthday and the service was great. Food was excellent! People in my party dined on pasta (squash ravioli and lasagna) and pizzas (spicy pig and Grandma's), and I had a salad which was supreme. (Sunday Chopped w/o bacon and add chicken). The salad was so chock-full of yummy things I did not even touch the dressing on the side.
We had a couple drink issues at the start (I changed my martini out for a different one, and we requested fresh pot of coffee as it was cold) but the manager and server were so extremely accommodating and kind.
We had requested to be outside but when the mosquitoes began attacking they graciously moved us inside. Staff came out of the woodwork to move our plates inside for us!
All in all it was a great meal and everyone from the host to manager to server was great!

1  Thank trvlrjcj
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've heard a lot of good lately about this restaurant and despite having mediocre experiences the first two times, we decided to give it one last try. We arrived and were seated right away, but had to wait for a waitress. The bar was full but the restaurant was almost empty (3 other people). Looking around, the atmosphere is nothing to get excited about. It doesn't really look 'Italian' but looks like many other restaurants.

Now most Italian restaurants bring bread and oil as you're seated. Not here. We ordered drinks, then ordered food, got our appetizers and once we finished our appetizers, they finally brought bread. Four tiny slices that were so thin, you could read through them. Not at all what you would expect from an Italian restaurant.

However, the food was good but the selection was fairly limited. The Chianti was also pretty good. Only had one glass because I was never asked if I wanted a second one even though three different people came to the table when my glass was empty. They waitress finally grabbed the glass and asked if everything was 'all right' but not if we wanted another drink.

All in all, not a bad experience but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again.

4  Thank GaryBa