“its all about the location”

Travelodge Muskegon
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 16 April 2014

As with any place you are going to hang your hat is it about location, location, location. The neighborhood surrounding this hotel is Undesirable. With that said the alarm was set in my car and was able to get a good nights sleep. The room was clean, the beds were comfy no signs of bed bugs and a flat screen was a nice perk. The price paid was also very reasonable and I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay because of the low price. I would like to mention also that the hotel does not have a back-up generator as we lost power for several hours due to a storm in the area. The only other complaint I have was the paper thin walls and ceiling. I recommend you choose a second floor location so you don not have to listen to the people above you walking back and forth all night. I have earplugs....

Room Tip: Get a second floor room wall are thin....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sunil P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Muskegon, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hello nearpar,

Please know that we appreciate candid reviews from our guests as we use it as reference in our continuous effort to offer our guests value services in our hotel. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, I will accelerate this matter for evaluation to address according. Your satisfaction is very important to us.
Germfask, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I visited the Travelodge in Muskegon, Michigan last weekend. Although the surrounding neighborhood is pretty rough, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The building itself was very clean and comfortable. Thank you for helping to make our trip more relaxed. The staff was excellent at giving directions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Cindy B
Sunil P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Muskegon, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Hello Cindy B,

We appreciate for the very generous feedback on your experience at Travelodge Muskegon. We certainly make it a point to provide our guests with a relaxing and comfortable accommodations. We certainly hope you would visit us again! If you have any concerns during your next stay with us, please don’t hesitate to call on our staff for anything you need.
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I arrived in town during te evening rush hour. The traffic coming from Grand Rapids was heavy and rushed, so I almost past the hotel.

I was a bit concerned by the area around the hotel. A closed hotel nearby (looked like an old Holiday Inn), and not too much nearby, so I had to go into town for dinner.

The parking lot was OK, and I was able to park under a light, athought the rear of te lot seemed a bit dark.

The lobby wasn't very warm, but the room (upstairs) was great. The furnishings were in good condition, the bed solid, the desk, entertainment, refrigerator good. I felt like I was in a higher priced place.

Unfortunatly for the hotel, the entire area (the city) seems a bit run down and old time industrial.

But, for the price, i'd stay here again on my way up north.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Sunil P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Muskegon, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello,

Our sincerest gratitude for your choice to stay in Travelodge Muskegon and for taking time to give us your comments and reviews.

We are glad that we have met your service and accommodation requirement during your stay in our hotel. Our team is working very closely to be able to provide the best value services to all our guests. Your reviews is important to us as it help us identify the aspects that we might have overlooked.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in our hotel soon.
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just stayed here the past weekend, Oct. 12-13 2013. Hotel is in a very dark area. Not alot of lighting in the parking lot. Was told by my cousin not to be walking around outside at night. I can see why. The room we had was on the second floor, no elevator just stairs. Our room was really clean, the bathroom was clean as well. Beds were clean but very hard. Only problem I had was the next morning. Got up and was having coffee sitting on the bed and saw a small mouse run from the bathroom to the door to the hallway. He went tight under the door. Went down and told the lady that was there that morning and she asked if we wanted to change our room. We said no. The breakfast was fresh and ok. Typical continential breakfast. Was gone most of the day. Came back at night, like 1am and the doors were open, didnt have to use our door card to enter the lobby. They have swipe things but dont use them. Kinda strange because it is very dark there. Other than that the staff we did see was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sunil P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Muskegon, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hello cindybear85,

Thank you for choosing to stay in Travelodge Muskegon and for taking time to share your views of our services.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you might have experience in our hotel. Your reviews are important to us. It gives us reference directly from our guests in regard to the aspect/s that we still need more improvement.

We assure you that we shall evaluate your concern so that we can be able to implement corrective measures accordingly.
Our Team looks forward to accommodating you in our hotel again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
#6 of 12 in Muskegon
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
#7 of 12 in Muskegon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon H...
#2 of 2 in Muskegon Heights
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Holiday Inn Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Travelodge Muskegon? Share your experiences!