“Good Value, especially during the week”

Michigan's Adventure
Ranked #4 of 45 things to do in Muskegon
More attraction details
Owner description: Classic amusement park combined with a water park and Boogie Beach wave pool.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I take the kids here every year and we haven't been disappointed yet. Please don't be fooled into thinking that because this is owned by Cedar Fair (who owns Cedar Point) that this is a replacement for Cedar Point...it is a much cheaper alternative to Cedar Point and because of that there are no where near as many roller coasters but there also are no where near as many lines or people. Another added perk is that the water park at Michigans Adventure is included with the gate admission unlike the soak city portion of cedar point. the food is still really expensive and unlike cedar point there aren't many options in the area. we ususally pack a picnic lunch and drinks and keep them in coolers in the car.

it is a fun day for the family and tickets can be purchased at Meijer for $29...considering local fairs are anywhere from $12 - $20 a day, I think this park is more than worth the $29 gate admission. The thunderhawk is comparable to the raptor at cedar point and shivering timbers is over a mile long and well worth the ride. this year it appeared some repairs were made and it was a smoother ride than in previous years. there is a "kiddie coaster" called mad mouse that is a bit of a surprise. the movement of the ride isn't the thrill as much as the set up makes it look and feel like your car is going to go straight off the track at each turn.

on the negative side lockers at the water park do fill rather quickly so make sure to get one reserved early. this year they installed electronic lockers (like the ones they installed at cedar point) and with the new lockers came higher rental rates that are now based on locker size...still a convenience that we pay for because the lockers are a lot closer than running out to the car everytime we decide to empty our hands or switch from water park to rides.

we will continue to take the kids to the park for one of our summer get aways simply because it is cheaper than other thrill parks and the kids have fun every year.

3  Thank bmanns01

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We went yesterday and it was great. It rained a bit so the crowds cleared quite a bit. I have a two and four year old and they had an amazing time. We were there from open to close, and we still didn't want to leave. For adults is not as good as Cedar Point but for families with young children it was the best! We spent a good Perrin of the day in the water park. The kids loved it, there's a while area just for kids their age with little water slides that even my two year old could go down. We will be doing this every year.

1  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We learned our lesson for next year- go on a weekday. This was our 8 and 5 year old kids' first experience with a theme park other than Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge. We bought our tickets online- I don't really know that it saved us any time at all because the lines were pretty short. I also bought one refillable cut online for $10 that we all shared. That did pay off because I filled it up about 4 times. Yes we are cheap. We went out in the parking lot to eat our lunch so I can't comment on the food. We started at the theme park. Can't comment on any of the "Thrill Rides" because we didn't go on any. Our kids are fearful of rides and so they didn't go on anything but the kiddie rides. Our "under 48 inch son" was disappointed he couldn't go on the bumper cars, even as a passenger. We spent most of our time at the waterpark, and it seemed like everyone else did too. When we got there, apparently too late at 1:30, almost every chair was taken and most lockers were full. We had to search for someplace to put our stuff for about 10 minutes. Ladies, if you are simply going to change at the waterpark and not go to the bathroom you can bypass the line to the bathroom and go to the changing area. I wasted about 15 minutes not knowing this. We spent a lot of time at the wave pool, kiddie slides and lazy river. I noticed crazy lines for other slides, but we didn't go on those slides. The wave pool was good except that the waves seemed way too short, and the waiting time between waves seemed too long. The Party Place, with several slides and water shooting everywhere, really annoyed me, but didn't seem to bother the kids. It's meant for kids I guess. But the unfortunate parents who have to follow their kids in this place will get soaking wet, and probably get a bucket or two of water dumped on them. The kids LOVED this place and didn't want to leave. It's a cheaper alternative to Cedar Pointe, so it will satisfy the kiddos for a few more years.

2  Thank Caroyn O
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been to Michigan's Adventure several times in the past and have never experienced the crowding before the way I did on 8/9/2014. In the six hours we were there, we only managed to get on TWO rides. We tried the water park; waited in line to change our clothes, no lockers available, no chairs or places to sit left, no tubes left for rental for lazy river, wave pool elbow-to-elbow w/smelly, grotesque people. Had to change back into our clothes in a bathroom at the regular park because the line to change in water park was just too long. Got to do NOTHING in the water park in over two hours. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at an amusement park. We used to stay until the park closed, but we could not stand the crowding and the stench of the body-to-body situation and left at 5:30pm. Food and drink are ridiculously over-priced, but I will say we got one good deal; the all-you-can-eat thing set up between the park and the water park. That was the ONLY good thing we found.

There needs to be a limit on how many people can be in either of the parks. And also, people should not be allowed to drive motorized 'rascal' carts all over the waterpark, nearly hitting small children in the process.

I was so upset I wanted to ask for my money back. I spent $111.96 on tickets alone to ride on TWO RIDES in over 6 hours? And don't even get me started on the fact that a ticket for a 3-year-old costs the same as for an adult. They can only go on the kiddie rides. What a rip-off. I can honestly say I will NEVER go back.

11  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Went for the first (and last) time August 9, 2014. Food is overpriced, wait times for rides are ridiculous. Water park is ok but overcrowded is an understatement. Waited in line for an hour and a half for a kiddie ride, only to be told when it was our turn that my 5 and 6 year old girls couldn't ride because they had bathing suits on and not shorts. Lockers are available but are all rented within the first 15 minutes of park opening. Bathrooms to change are filthy and my wife waited over 30 min to change. Save your money and go elsewhere, this park is NOT worth the price of admission.

5  Thank ch9pot