“What an amazing group of employees!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at this property for a few days this week and was blown away at the great attitude displayed by all the employees! I have NEVER seen a nicer group of individuals from the front desk receptionist to the chamber maids. The rooms were spotless and very adequate for short term or long term stays. Who ever manages this property and its employees should be giving classes to others. I travel all around the world for work and would recommend this hotel to anyone...Great job Fairfeld staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Canadaman07
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for the fantastic review! The entire staff is truly a pleasure to work with, they each work very hard at making the rooms spotless and ensuring that each guest feels right at home. We would love to host you again and invite you to come back next time you are in Muskegon! Thank you for visiting!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

For $219 a night . Told there was a separate bedroom. There is NO separate room there is a window and doorway open to the "living" area. When the bed is folded out for our son there is barely 8 inches to clear to get to the bathroom. On the other side if the bed there is only 6 inches between the bed and sir conditioner. We can't turn the tv on because there us no separation to keep the noise out of the living room. I cannot recommend this hotel and hope to find something more enjoyable tomorrow. I expected more fir the money and reviews. It hardly seems worth the trouble for the free breakfast. We called the manager and asked hue they could call this a suite for 3 plus people (with the fold out bed) and the only thing they asked was were we a honors member? No but for $219 a night plus taxes I expected more from a Marriott!!! This will have to be our last tube here. I am a light sleeper and so is my son which is why I asked about the separate bedroom (and i believe it was not true when I was told when I calked about tge suite tgat yes, the suite has a separate bedroom area from the living room fold out bed) - there are two pieces of cut out wall. Ugh so much for a goud nights rest. My son & husband like to watch tv when they wake up and I like to sleep in a little - THAT ISN'T EVEN POSSIBLE in this room. I would haves checked out and drive to another city if I knew that once the sleeper bed is unfolded good luck getting in and out of the rest room. Ugh.

• Stayed: July 2013
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience here at our hotel! I also apologize for the communication disconnect regarding the room. You are correct, it is only a partial divide between the living area and the sleeping area and I apologize that wasn't accurately communicated. I will make sure to talk with the front desk to make sure that they are correctly communicating with our guests. I invite you to come visit our hotel if you're in the area, we would love to host your family again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The staff at the hotel is the nicest I have ever met! The gal at the front desk during check in was friendly and helpful even though it was 10:30 pm. She was even nice when coming to our room to tell us she had a complaint that we were opening our room door too much (what?). The woman supplying the breakfast bar was cheerful and even announced when the breakfast room was closing so that we could get our fill. The front desk person also came to help when the breakfast room got busy by refilling the waffle batter and coffee urns.
My biggest complaint was that the pillows were so uncomfortable! What is it with hotels and tall, firm pillows anyway? Does anyone like oversized hard pillows?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MiMary
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! The staff here is a pleasure to work with, they work hard to make each guest feel like the hotel is their home away from home. I am sorry that you did not like the pillows, next time please let us know and we can see if we have any different types of pillows available!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our stay in the area for graduations. Fairfield was our choice for availability. Thankful that they did not require a minimum two night stay as a few other hotels in the area. This hotel was VERY clean. Loved the breakfast area. Food was great, but need do better with scrambled eggs. I have two complaints: one for the price that we paid, I would think that the towels would be of better quality. They were very thin. Not what I would expect from this chain. Also, the noise between rooms was a bit loud. This made it hard to fall asleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbeehive

Thank you for the response. I am glad that you liked the hotel. We pride ourselves upon the cleanliness of our rooms, this is something that we work very hard to maintain! I am sorry that the towels in your room seemed thin. Please let us know when issues like this occur, we would have happily gotten you a different set of towels!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Was there over Memorial Day weekend after spending the day at Saugatuck. Smooth check in, very clean facility with neat functional rooms. Decent breakfast spread- only let down being the scrambled eggs. Don't miss the Mac Woods dune rides if you happen to be here.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DocRaj
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our stay was nice at the Norton Shore Fairfield. The breakfast was very nice and the facility while being updated at the time of stay and appeared to be nearly completed was in excellent condiiton.

The challenges are:
- Marriott Website did not show this location as a choice, but did for downtown Grand Rapids when we put Grand Haven in as a destination. I had to call Marriott to get a reservation since it would not show proper rate during our stay.
- As a Platinum Elite status with Marriott, I did not get an upgrade since this is rare since I typically get them.
- It was Memorial day weekend, so the pool was busy. But the facility was well cared for and the location was close to everything.

Overall, we liked the Fairfield Inn. I probably should state the challenge with getting a reservation, since I know its location and being close to Grand Haven. But it would be good to see that the management could resolve this since it would increase their business.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are situated away from the highway. I would suspect that some of the 1st floor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyvistor12
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for the kind review! We are at the tail end of our renovations and we are really excited about how everything has turned out. The breakfast was one of the items that we updated, adding things like sausage and scrambled eggs, so I am glad to hear that you liked it. Thank you for your business, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I called just few minutes ago (May 26 2013) and talked to Jessica Rizarda , I was excited since I am not only making a reservation for my family but also for another 5 rooms for my friends on standard rate. Being a travel agent myself i asked her first if they do offer travel agent discounts and she told me that I have to check online which is fine because I know for a fact that MARRIOTT has special rates SOMETIMES for Famtastic rates but when I asked if it is possible for me to get the STANDARD rate for my friends who need 5 rooms ( 21 people including 6kids under 12 yrs old) , she told me to check it on line too!!!!
In short she wanted me to do her job since I am a travel agent !!!!

I booked hotels everyday since it is a part of my job but never in my 20years of experience in a travel industry was I ever treated that way!!! From now on I will let my staff and my team know re this experience and will do our best not to offer this particular hotel in MUSKEGON , ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Well I'm just glad that I ended up making a reservation on another hotel that has a very good customer service and was able to booked 6 rooms including ours.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jhoanna D

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the interaction that you had with our front desk staff. I can assure you that this incident is very out of the ordinary for us. Our staff works extremely hard to assist all guests with any and all needs that they may have, as well as, to make every stay memorable for all guests. I would like to extend the invitation for you to give our hotel another try and hopefully you will regain your confidence in us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
#6 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores? Share your experiences!