“A wonderful place to stay!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Monticello, Illinois
“A wonderful place to stay!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Heading home from our vacation, it was getting late and we did not know the area so we checked Internet for a good place to stay and chose this hotel! It was pricey but luxurious!! Bed was so comfortable and it was so clean!! We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor is nice! Close to parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were here. We invite you to come back if you are ever in the area again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Abingdon, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel earlier this month and I was not impressed. Carpet in room was dirty. Bathroom floor and shower looked old and dated. We stay at Marriott properities frequently and this is not one of my favorites. The rooms are also very expensive - $165 + taxes for a standard room. I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at our hotel. Please know we strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am sorry that didn't happen during your stay. I invite you to return so that you may see this is an isolated incident and hopefully, upon your return, you will regain confidence in our hotel.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at this property for a few days this week and was blown away at the great attitude displayed by all the employees! I have NEVER seen a nicer group of individuals from the front desk receptionist to the chamber maids. The rooms were spotless and very adequate for short term or long term stays. Who ever manages this property and its employees should be giving classes to others. I travel all around the world for work and would recommend this hotel to anyone...Great job Fairfeld staff!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Canadaman07
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review! The entire staff is truly a pleasure to work with, they each work very hard at making the rooms spotless and ensuring that each guest feels right at home. We would love to host you again and invite you to come back next time you are in Muskegon! Thank you for visiting!
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

For $219 a night . Told there was a separate bedroom. There is NO separate room there is a window and doorway open to the "living" area. When the bed is folded out for our son there is barely 8 inches to clear to get to the bathroom. On the other side if the bed there is only 6 inches between the bed and sir conditioner. We can't turn the tv on because there us no separation to keep the noise out of the living room. I cannot recommend this hotel and hope to find something more enjoyable tomorrow. I expected more fir the money and reviews. It hardly seems worth the trouble for the free breakfast. We called the manager and asked hue they could call this a suite for 3 plus people (with the fold out bed) and the only thing they asked was were we a honors member? No but for $219 a night plus taxes I expected more from a Marriott!!! This will have to be our last tube here. I am a light sleeper and so is my son which is why I asked about the separate bedroom (and i believe it was not true when I was told when I calked about tge suite tgat yes, the suite has a separate bedroom area from the living room fold out bed) - there are two pieces of cut out wall. Ugh so much for a goud nights rest. My son & husband like to watch tv when they wake up and I like to sleep in a little - THAT ISN'T EVEN POSSIBLE in this room. I would haves checked out and drive to another city if I knew that once the sleeper bed is unfolded good luck getting in and out of the rest room. Ugh.

• Stayed July 2013
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience here at our hotel! I also apologize for the communication disconnect regarding the room. You are correct, it is only a partial divide between the living area and the sleeping area and I apologize that wasn't accurately communicated. I will make sure to talk with the front desk to make sure that they are correctly communicating with our guests. I invite you to come visit our hotel if you're in the area, we would love to host your family again.
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The staff at the hotel is the nicest I have ever met! The gal at the front desk during check in was friendly and helpful even though it was 10:30 pm. She was even nice when coming to our room to tell us she had a complaint that we were opening our room door too much (what?). The woman supplying the breakfast bar was cheerful and even announced when the breakfast room was closing so that we could get our fill. The front desk person also came to help when the breakfast room got busy by refilling the waffle batter and coffee urns.
My biggest complaint was that the pillows were so uncomfortable! What is it with hotels and tall, firm pillows anyway? Does anyone like oversized hard pillows?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank MiMary
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! The staff here is a pleasure to work with, they work hard to make each guest feel like the hotel is their home away from home. I am sorry that you did not like the pillows, next time please let us know and we can see if we have any different types of pillows available!
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our stay in the area for graduations. Fairfield was our choice for availability. Thankful that they did not require a minimum two night stay as a few other hotels in the area. This hotel was VERY clean. Loved the breakfast area. Food was great, but need do better with scrambled eggs. I have two complaints: one for the price that we paid, I would think that the towels would be of better quality. They were very thin. Not what I would expect from this chain. Also, the noise between rooms was a bit loud. This made it hard to fall asleep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jbeehive
Thank you for the response. I am glad that you liked the hotel. We pride ourselves upon the cleanliness of our rooms, this is something that we work very hard to maintain! I am sorry that the towels in your room seemed thin. Please let us know when issues like this occur, we would have happily gotten you a different set of towels!
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Was there over Memorial Day weekend after spending the day at Saugatuck. Smooth check in, very clean facility with neat functional rooms. Decent breakfast spread- only let down being the scrambled eggs. Don't miss the Mac Woods dune rides if you happen to be here.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank DocRaj
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to see you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
Rodeway Inn Muskegon
#6 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores? Share your experiences!