Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores
Seaway Motel(Muskegon)
US$56
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsmuskegon arearoom changefelt modernnewer hotelfree breakfastsubmarine museumbreakfast offeringsking suiteshopping and restaurantschocolate chip cookiesdifferent locationsperfect stayslamming doorsstayed here for one nightgreat poolwould definitely stay here againamusement park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great location and well kept property that is managed well. Never saw any management staff but there was no doubt that this property was headed by competent staff. Front desk personnel was very professional and friendly and greeted each guest with a lot of warmth.

Breakfast area was well kept and well maintained. As usual, food was not geared towards vegetarians and the only hot options are Scrambled Eggs and Sausages - every day! I guess even meat eaters have to get bored. I noticed something unusual - breakfast area was never crowded. Just a handful of guests and this was despite the hotel being fully booked for the whole week. I wonder why.

To be fair, as far as I know, this is the only decent hotel in the area, so there is really no competition. Still, the room rates are reasonable and reflective of Fairfield Inn's quality as Marriott's budget option. Every room has a microwave and fridge and a grocery store (Meijer's) is liteally a block away. There is a Qdoba Mexican Grill, a Subway Restaurant, a Burger King and a Red Tomato Pizzeria (all you can eat buffet), nearby amongst others.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
13  Thank MALAYAPPAN
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review! The staff is truly a pleasure to work with, they work to make each guest's stay special. We are also fortunate enough to have lots of different restaurants and shops nearby, we are really in the perfect location! Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business - 10/02/13. The public areas and room were clean and decor was very nice. Check in was fast and easy, as well as check out. Free internet (that actually worked) was nice. Free breakfast in the morning included scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, breads, coffee, juices.

Here is the one issue I had with the hotel/room. I paid extra for a room with a whirlpool bath. When I went to use the whirlpool that evening, I first noticed the water pressure was not very high to fill a bath tub of this size. It would take some time to fill up. Then I looked closer at the whirlpool jet nozzles. They were dirty. Had some type of buildup around all of them. So that put me off using the whirlpool bath right away.

The rest of the room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Nice selection of pillows on the bed to choose from. I also inspected the mattress & pillows and all were clean with no issues I could find. I would stay here again, just wouldn't bother with getting a whirlpool room.

There are lots of places to shop & eat near this hotel. The Grand Traverse Pie Company is directly the street from the hotel and is within walking distance. Try the Cherry Pie. Excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric B
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the whirlpool suite that you had booked. We strive to please all of our guests here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and I am so sorry that the room did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will consider our hotel for future traveling accommodations! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We decided to stay outside of Grand Rapids for our annual trip to ArtPrize this year and certainly glad we did. This Fairfield Inn is keeping to the Marriott brand promise very well with a knowledgeable friendly staff and a very well kept property. The rooms as well as all the public areas were very clean even the often problematic breakfast area was orderly. I would say the only downside is the walls are very thin fortunately our room was on the upper floor at the end of the hallway so noise for us was at a minimum but I could see how rooms in the center part of the hotel would be noisier. I certainly would stay at this hotel again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AAA_David
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! Our entire staff works extremely hard to create a memorable experience for all of our guests. We appreciate the business and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stay at this hotel when we return to Muskegon each year. The management has done a good job of updating the facility. They also significantly improved their complementary breakfast offerings. The staff is very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NDMIII
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for the nice review and the great comments! We did just finish up a renovation, updating items including the breakfast, guest room bathrooms, suites and some public areas. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here and I welcome you back next time you are in Muskegon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I selected this hotel because all the hotels of beach area were sold out. During the summer vacation season, this is a so expensive hotel, considering its quality. However, it is located in a very convenient area, a kind of downtown. I think it is better than beach area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FairfieldMKGNS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am glad that you found our location to be very convenient, it is nice having all the restaurants, shops and beaches so close by! I hope you stop by again next time you are in Muskegon!