“Good value”

A Victory Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed 23 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kelita S

Reviewed 14 February 2013

The last time i was here was the week of 02/04/2013. The heater did not work at all. It would just blow in cold air from the outside. The alarm clock on night stand was not even plugged in. Good thing the alarm on my watch worked. There was dust underneath the bed. It looked like it was about 1/4 of an inch thick. So that dust must have been there for awhile. There was also a dirty sock underneath the bed. The water in shower was not hot, but more like a cool/warm feeling. Another bad thing was the front desk girl one morning. I went to tell her that there was no milk in the breakfast room and she just shrugged her shoulders and said "oh well, sorry".

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevator.
Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Great for the night, an old hotel being updated. Be sure you book at hotels.com for a better rate than we paid. I would stay again just to sleep. The front desk agents were as kind as can be. Breakfast ok, coffee excellent. Great interior doors, car safe parking lot. Had a towel rack built by our uncle in 1950 plaza Towl Holder. Funny, have not seen one in years

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I drove back to Michigan for my brother's graduation last June. Planned on staying with family, but after a day I went out looking for hotels. Being from FL I am used to weekly rates and cheap hotel prices. I was amazed by how much more rooms were up there. I ended up finding victory inn and only paid just over $300 for a week. The area was great because I wasn't too far from Mr. Scribs and several of my friends houses. The young man at the front desk was friendly. There were a couple others working throughout our stay and they were friendly, but not in a rush to help you. One of the men saw me standing up front for 10 minutes before he decided to help. At one point our keys wouldn't work so we had to go to the desk for replacement keys. One elevator was broke down, the other worked, but it took so long to get to you and while you were on it you felt like it was going to break so we used the stairs most the time. The a/c in our room would only work when it wanted to and we had a couple problems with our tv. The pool wasn't working which was a little disappointing, but my parents were staying at the Baymont hotel so we just went there every morning for their breakfast and swam there. The main thing I had a problem with was the smell of weed on our floor. Someone had been smoking and the whole floor had smelled like it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have stayed in grungy hotel before but this was by far the worst. First of all, the pool and sauna didn't work, and it had been for some time before. It stunk really bad also. When we first got into the elevator, we were afraid that we would be stuck in it. It was small and half of the buttons didn't work. We were placed on the 4th floor so we had to go down and up the stairs so many times. I felt gross when I was eating the continental breakfast because the tiny room was not clean. The only good thing was the AC and the TV. They also only gave us one towel and washcloth in the bathroom when there were two beds. We were supposed to stay for two nights, but we left in the morning which upset the girl at the front desk. The girl that served us most of the time was horrible. She would be gone for 20 minutes "stuck in the elevator." This happened at least 3 times. Other adults agreed that she was off for her own "pleasure." She dressed horribly too. We talked to the waitress and Pizza Hut the next day and she said that the hotel was owned by crackheads. It all made sense then. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank megra951
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked this hotel 3 weeks in advance but went to check in just last weekend. The price was reasonable and they took my AAA discount. Upon arriving, everything seemed nice. Then we walked into our room. Broken furniture, filthy bathroom, no phone, tv remote batteries dead, and spider webs with tons of spider eggs all over the curtains! Not to mention the pool had been down since January and we had 3 kids wanting to swim. I immediately went to the front desk and demanded a refund. The girl at the counter took me to 3 other rooms-all of which were similar to the one we were in. She then called the manager who granted us a refund but he did not even want to know why. Are you kidding?! The clerk clearly saw our frustatration (having 3 kids in tow that were wiped out from Michigan's Adventure) and decided to call a couple of other nearby hotels for us. We ended up at the Baymont and it was fabulous! Hot breakfast, awesome room and great pool. It cost us about $30 more, but it was worth it. Another little tidbit that we learned after we left the Victory Inn.....it was where the last Muskegon murder had taken place. OMG! GLAD WE LEFT!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana B
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Attended Muskegon Bike Time. The rude blonde punk at the front desk . He was so disrespectful to us and other customers. The other receptionist at the desk didn't even get up off her butt to acknowledge I walked up to the front desk. As for the continental breakfast the same girl was asked if there was anymore coffee and her response was , you mean there's none . She never even got up to make more or even check if the pots were out. They also gouge me for double the price of the regular rate , just because there was a big event. I would have stayed somewhere else if any other place was available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends