“Nasty, Dirty and Gross”

A Victory Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed 17 July 2009

This place was absolutely disgusting! Wasn't clean, the phone was unplugged and the front of the air conditioning unit was falling off! The pool was horrible and dark-probably so you couldn't see how bad it really was!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank DrysFamily

Reviewed 13 June 2009

This is the place to go...

The experience will start on the parking lot with all the weed growing around. Perhaps the humid odor in the lobby will also help with your welcoming experience.
You will probably see some ghost flying around the corridors due to the lack of guests.

Leave alone the ghostly "free" breakfast where you will have to pretend you are eating a decent cereal with no milk.

Seriously... I was charged $75 for such a dreadful experience... I just wish I could either go back in time and book a different hotel or just get my money back

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank ViajeroUSA
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Was hopefull when I saw the positive reviews. Booked rooms for 3 nights for BIKE Time in Muskegon.
We got there and the lobby was extremely musty smelling.
The hallways were not airconditioned so they were like 90 degrees and very humid.
I DO have to compliment the staff they were very friendly and willing to help.
The rooms were okay,pretty cramped especially the bathrooms.
Which brings me to my most major complaint. When we got to our first room, the bathtub was peeling bad, and it looked like someone had painted it with a paintbrush. The bathmat had all kinds of black "stuff" under it. So we asked to have our rooms switched,which they did without question.
The next bathtub was fine until we used it, then the drain didnt drain quickly and filled with black specks from the drain. The shower walls had long black hairs all over the wall of the shower ( me and my husband are both blondes)
It was better than tenting it, and being it was BIKE TIME we didnt have a choice to switch hotels. But I dont think unless extremely desperate, I would book the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mrsguido
Reviewed 8 July 2008

We checked in telling the guy we had 5 people. Three adults and two children. When you check in you also have to sign a form stating to report any damage to the room so that you do not get charged. We went into the room and there was only two beds. and a whole lot of damage! There were cigarette burns in the table, one of the drawers on the Armour was broken, there was drill wholes in the walls, also tears in the wall paper, there was stain on the comforters, holes in the shower curtain, burn marks in the lamp shades, some of the lamps didn't work, the hook on the bathroom door was almost falling off. So I went down to the front desk and told him and the man working the front desk who I later found out was the manager had no interest in hearing any thing i had to say. At that time I asked if we could have a cot or some extra blankets and the pillow so that we could put someone on the floor. He was very rude and finally after thinking about said yeah ok. He had no interest in trying to fix any of my compliants. We stayed for two nights and the second day when we got back to the hotel, they changed one of the pillows from a fluffy pillow to a flat pillow, no repairs were even attempted, an ash tray was missing and they put smaller sheets on the bed. The breakfast room was small and hard to get anything. And there was only one toaster and it was very slow. They outside of the cereal containers were labelled as general mills cereal, but as they were putting away breakfast it was filled with generic brand cereal. There was never any offer of discount or refund. There was no offer of apology or any anything to us. The staff were more interested in talking on there cell phones, or making personal calls. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. the only reason we stayed for the two nights was because it was July long weekend and all other hotels were full.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I stayed at this Hotel years ago when it was a Best Western Park Plaza.

Like the other bad reviews it was exactly like they said.

Well throu Trip Advisor people have been saying its been real nice so I figured I can check it out again.

Upon Check in the lady that greeted me was real nice. I asked if the hotel is under new ownership. and she said no. so wow why would you let your hotel go bad.. then just slap a new name on it and make it look good.

Ok
The Hotel has changed alot and for the better. The pool was clean the whole area was clean but still looked scary.

The Room was excellent. Looks 100000% better clean bedding new TV new chairs and the head board is attached to the bed frame not just screwed into the wall.

The bathroom in the room is still small and the shower still had really no water pressure.

Hallways has nice new carpet nice new light fixtures the hotel still needs more work but its getting there.

Breakfast was umm umm not a breakfast. Stale food and yes TANG for orange juice.

Over all good job on fixing up a real dump. But its kinda funny seeing a Hotel go from a Radisson to a Best Western to a Victory Inn with all the same owner... But its all good.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 5 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with a business associate. I was greeted by the GM and given keys to my room. The room was on 4th floor so I took the elevator which is just down the hallway. My room had a king size bed which was comfortable, the room was very clean, everything worked properly. I didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. The only thing that could be better is the free continental breakfast, it's rather slim; toast, cereal, muffins, that kind of thing, the juice was Tang not OJ. If you want a hot breakfast you have to go out for it. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2008

I began going to the Park Plaza shortly after it was built (1970). It was one of the best motels in Muskegon. We visited family at least twice a year and always stayed there. Around the beginning of 2000, you could see everything deteriorating. This included both building and staff quality.

When I head it had changed hands, I thought I'd give it another try. I was very surprised. The room was great. Beds and furniture were new. Everything was clean. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The only thing that was disappointing was the pool. The top rung of one of the ladders was broken off and the top rung of the other was loose. Other than that, if you got in safely, the water was fine and it was a lot of fun.

Hope to go back again soon. Hope the ladders are repaired. By the way, visitors new to Muskegon don't realize how close they are to the lake. Sherman Blvd. is just north on Henry. Turn left and follow it down to the Lake Michigan shore. It's wonderful every season.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family