“Comfort Inn Muskegon, MI”

Comfort Inn Muskegon
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Riverview
“Comfort Inn Muskegon, MI”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Whenever I go out of town I always look for a Choice Hotel. I always have been very pleased with their cleanliness, front desk service, and the free breakfast in the morning is always fresh with a variety of food to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Roseville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Outdoor pool had no water. Bar was not open. No "free" popcorn. Cereal at breakfast was stale and other items was not stocked promptly, you had to constantly ask for things. Charged us for some elses room and never gave us a receipt the next morning, we found out when we were asking for the manager. Someone puked in the pool and peed in the jacuzzi so they had to close it. They did not tell the guests, they just locked the area. They claimed to have shocked the pool and it would be ready in 2 hours...an hour later they were shocking the pool so it was closed for the night. The kids couldn't swim that night. They said a manager was coming in the next morning to give us a $40 credit voucher and she never showed. There is no privacy from the bathroom to the rest of the room in a jacuzzi suite. The jacuzzi/shower is between the bathroom and the beds.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Muskegon hotels

Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have been hosting events at this Comfort Inn for the last 4 years and things are looking up! The new management is top notch and willing to go the extra mile to make sure each guest is comfortable and that their stay is memorable. The staff is polite and is always willing go help! Keep up the great work! I look forward to my future events!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pam J
Holton, Michigan
Reviewed 18 March 2013

When I checked in and asked the lady at the desk if I could request a late check out the next lady because we where going to be in town for a while. She said that she latest I could get was noon. I told her that I was a Choice Privileges Member. She said unless I was a Diamond, Platinum or a Gold member I could get a 1pm check out. I'm sorry but any CP Member gets as late as 2pm. Another thing was I was asked to go put my shoes on when I went to get breakfast. I was taken back because who wears shoes to go get breakfast anymore plus the lady that told me to put them on was rather rude about it. So I take my son and we but shoes on. When I was finally able to go to breakfast there was kids running around with no shoes and other adults that had no shoes on also. The bathroom fixtures need replacing also, they didn't shine anymore. The pool area was so hot that the pool was like bath water and what hotel doesn't open their pool until 10am on a Sunday. Needless to say I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sammayp
Custer, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2013

First off we made a reservation online for a first floor room, they wanted us to have a second floor one. The tv in our room was stuck in letterbox on every channel, and worst of is the wireless internet didn't work! The staff was only willing to give us another room two days into our three day stay! Breakfast was good, and overall the staff was nice! Get your wireless working better and have more responsive staff when an problem is brought up!!

Room Tip: Be very clear what you want when you reserve a room. If you assume you will probably not like what...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Taylor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My fiance and I just stayed at this hotel and it was close to the Muskegon state park only about a half hour away. Very close to food and the freeway. The only thing I would say about this stay that we didn't like was the bathroom in our suite because the wall was open it's kind of hard to explain but there is a opening in the bathroom with the shower curtain covering the hole so if you open the curtain you could the bed. Romantic if it would have been cleaner and when we arrived we were told our room was ready but then we went into the room and all the drawers were opened and the tv was on I am not sure why. It was a good stay other than that though.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Fruitport, Michigan
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We have stayed at this hotel with our friends for fours years in the past for New Years Eve. We missed last year because we decided to try somewhere different and the year before my friend had just had her baby. The four years before that we were there every year. We were treated with respect and appreciation. We couldn't wait to go back to our poolside rooms and our favorite hotel so Jan. 1 of the year before, we reserved our rooms for New Years Eve 2012. Our friends drove an hour and we all packed our crock pots and games for a fun filled family night with our kids and best friends. We like to stay somewhere overnight so that the kids can have fun and we can be safe and off the roads. I called two weeks in advance to make sure that our reservations were still intact and our rooms by the pool requested.They confirmed that. From the second I walked to check in in I was met with a stoic receptionist who told me that plans have changed and I would have to pay an outrageous amount to have those poolside rooms. No food was allowed in the pool area, but we could have pop. Our kids had to have writstbands on in the pool area. My sister who was in from Florida was not allowed to come say Hi for a few minutes because she was not a paying customer. When we got into the pool area we were met with security guards watching our every move. There were our three families in there and one other family. I asked one if was necessary to have four security guards for four families and he said last year there was a lot of damage and that the night was still young. A female security guard kept her arms crossed and watched us from the upper level of the pool. I have never felt so scrutinized. We were told we couldn't have our drinks by one security guard and I told him that I had already asked the front desk about that and he said that we could have pop only if it was purchased through the vending machines! When we were eating in our rooms there were complaints of us being loud. The second time they came up within five minutes we realized that housekeeping was complaining because when she was doing wash she heard banging! It was us going from room to room for our taco bar and it was only 7:00! On New Years Eve! Many, many other situations happened but one I was very offended by was when my son's friend fell walking by the pool. He fell hard and hit his head. The female security guard came running after him. We said,"Finally, she is going to have some compassion for someone!" When he came back to the table we asked what was said and He told us that she said that she saw him talking to a boy in the pool and she didn't see a wristband on him! He said it was on his ankle! Never asked about his well being! Also, when we were playing a board game the female security guard went to a second floor room that overlooked the pool and was pulling the curtains aside to spy on us! We were trying to have a nice NYE and we ended up leaving at 10:30. There are so many more instances but too many to name. As we left, above our car on the second floor there were people in there hotel room with the window open smoking who knows what. Maybe the security guards should have been paying closer attention to them! Needless to say we will never be back and they ruined our New Years eve!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends