“Thanks to the staff! GREAT JOB!!!”

Comfort Inn Muskegon
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Thanks to the staff! GREAT JOB!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A much delayed review but much deserved! We came from Pa because my boyfriends brother was dying. We wanted to be there for his last few days. Working in Hotels myself I am always a little nervous about what I'll find. We arrived at the Hotel and immediately had an issue. We booked the 2 Bedroom Family Suite which turned out to be a room with 2 beds and a Jacuzzi with a peak-a-boo window. Not the best set up for me, my boyfriend, his sister and their Mom. We ended up with 2 rooms. I was very upset. Again, working in Hotels I know it is not the Hotel staffs fault but the Corporate Office. Needless to say with the situation of a passing family member it was a rough few days. I can say that the room set up was the only issue we had during our entire stay!! The staff was so helpful and understanding of our situation. They really did go above and beyond for us! We had to extend our stay and weren't sure how long we would be there and the staff was flexible with us. Being from Pa we had quite a few family members come and visit us at the Hotel. The staff was nice enough to let us have our guests near the pool area and even let us have some extra time there. At one of the hardest times for the family we sincerely appreciated everything they did! I would be more than happy to have anyone of the staff work at one of my Hotels!!! Truly excellent customer service! I really appreciated the hand written note on my folio from the overnight desk clerk. It is little things that make a difference. In the end the room situation was no problem at all! Thank you guys! GREAT JOB!!! We will definitely be staying again on our next trip there!

Room Tip: Call Hotel directly to make reservations as the internet will offer you room types that do not exist...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel is located just off of one of the main expressways and close to shopping, but is still far enough away from the busiest parts of town to be a bit quieter. The indoor and outdoor pools were nice and the game/pool area was great for kids. Didn't get much time in the hotel, however, because many rooms were not ready yet for the 3:00 p.m. check-in. A lot of waiting. There really is no "lobby" to speak of because it opens directly into the breakfast/eating area. So it gets incredibly crowded around the desk when you're trying to conduct business. The room was very nice and clean. And don't even bother requesting an early check-in, regardless of a Choice Rewards membership or not. You won't get it, and they won't tell you that until you attempt to check in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Pleasantville, Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel was nice. The amenities were good (indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, breakfast, cash bar) but there were a few small hiccups. the television in our room (271) only had volume on about 1/2 of the channels. The a/c would not keep the room cool. There was a dirty washcloth left hanging on the shower head from before we were there.

Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel. Got what we asked for, very clean,up to date room. Friendly, great pricing-call 800 number get discount with choice hotels members. Would recommend it and will be staying there when I visit Muskegon and surrounding areas.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Tournament for kids in near by Grand Haven. All the kids used the pool, all kids got very ill high temps/vomiting/diarrea 3-5 days later. Parents did not use pool. (They all did not fall ill). And we all ate at different locations.The pool was murky and warm as whirlpool. Fountain for drinking water was not working well. Yes, I did call CDH of Muskegon and State of Michigan. I was told Comfort Inn was due for an inspection.
I voiced my concern to the manager at Comfort Inn about the filthy pool. She demonstrated lack of concern for the children involved. Her excuse was "people wear clothing in the pool and that's what makes it murky". Rude & unprofessional. We will NEVER EVER stay at that piece of crap again! With all said........... the rooms smell too!

2 Thank lori a
Richmond
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Muskegon/Michigan's Adventure for my birthday and she had reserved the Muskegon Comfort Inn. We noticed that the weekend was a busy one, due to the motorcycle events going on. There was a nice indoor pool/hot tub and outdoor pool available. The hotel had little shopping/dining choices at the exit, but a short drive to the next exit proved great. Our only complaint was when we came back to the room the room was not cleaned, but all of the towels were missing. It must be common, because the front desk completed my girlfriend's complaint by saying they didn't give you any clean towels in return. Other than that the staff was very nice.

Kimball, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We decided to take the kids to Michigan's Adventure and needed a place to stay since we live about 4 hours away. I looked online to find a hotel that could accommodate 2 adults and 3 teens in 1 room for 2 nights. I came across the Comfort Inn. I booked what ChoiceHotels.com described as a 2 bedroom "family" suite with sitting area and small kitchenette for $149.99 a night. Sound to good to be true..well it was!! It was a fast check in with no issues. We got to our "family" suite to find nothing more then a VERY small room with 2 beds and not much space to even walk! I went down to ask the front desk about it and was told by a very nice girl that they don't have ANY rooms like that and that they had asked that the internet description be changed, guess it still hasn't since as of today it is still listed that way. I guess by "suite" they mean a whirlpool room in which you pay 50 bucks more a night for. In which it is in the bath tub/shower. Which brings me to my next big complaint. There was nothing more then a thin white see-through shower curtain separating the bed room and whirlpool/bathroom! No privacy at all!! If you were in the room you could see/hear all in the bathroom, not fun at all with 3 teenagers! Next there was only 2 plugs in the room, one behind the entertainment center that you couldn't get to and one behind the nightstand in which a lamp and alarm clock was plugged into. There was a lamp on the desk but no where to plug it in! Really?? Had to sit in the dark as we needed to charge our phones, so we had to unplug the only lamp! Also some of the pics shown online of this hotel don't even exist! The entrance is NOT nicely landscaped and there was no outside courtyard area with seating! This hotel is located in nothing more then a parking lot in front of a Sam's Club store! On the up side the room was clean and the bed was comfortable! We were tripping over each other for 2 days in this tiny room, but at least we had a place to sleep. The pool and game room where in the same location and it was so hot in there we had to leave after about 5 minutes, so no swimming or games for us, also no elevators to the second floor, no air in the hallways either and it was 90+ degrees outside! We went to get ice from the 2nd floor ice machine and it didn't work, had to go to the 1st floor all the way to the other side of the hotel, most of our ice was melted by the time we got back to our room! The breakfast area was a nice large room and the food was ok, what you would expect for a free hotel breakfast. I was surprised when

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room and call to speak with someone about room choices, don't go by how Choi...
1 Thank Amy W