“Good price, great for families ”

Comfort Inn Muskegon
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
“Good price, great for families ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Good:
- location is really good with lots of options and stores nearby
- has an indoor and outdoor poor
- play are for the kids
- breakfast included
- rooms clean
- laundry room for guest

Not that good
- under construction
- could be noisy at night if your room faces indoor pool
- limited options in breakfast

Overall is good not fancy but good for a short stay or family vacation

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Westland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I wanted to make sure that the staff get the credit for making my staff nice. The housekeeping staff were friendly and helped us find the stairs, there is no elevator. And, the dining staff in the morning were incredible! The complimentary breakfast was good. The down side was the construction, the building looked awful from the outside, and there were construction materials piled in the courtyard, I would have stayed elsewhere if I had known they were working on the building. The inside looked tired and worn and in need of updates, but clean! Over priced for the location and amenities. The pillows were some kind of a half pillow, not a full size pillow, awkward.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view or else you're looking at the mall parking lot. And, there's stair...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel lacked just about everything. The pool area was nice but the sauna and hot tub do not work. We arrived an hour after our original check in time and had to wait another hour for our room to be cleaned. We stayed for 3 nights and had to literately beg to have clean sheets and fresh towels. We called the front desk 3 times in one day just for fresh towels. The hotel also lack an elevator and the shower temperature kept switching from burning hot to freezing cold. Lastly and most importantly, the woman at the front desk was extremely rude and grumpy towards guest. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank raynie988

Travellers are raving about these Muskegon hotels

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I read reviews and decided to stay here and was pleasantly surprised, great pool area with games for all ages plenty of seating. The rooms are nice and clean, they are doing remodeling and look forward to staying there in the future. We had a small leak from the air conditioner and told the staff and they were more then helpful and willing to take care of the situation. The continental breakfast had everything you could ask for! Will be going back next month. Dont hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

No elevator was the 1st downfall. Got to the room and we had to set the clock and when we went to use the microwave it wasnt plugged in. I couldn't reach the outlet behind the entertainment stand/dresser. I was just irritated. Our air conditioner went out later in our stay. When we woke up I noticed there were blood spots on both of our beds sheets. I was discussed

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank st48910
Michigan
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel is attractive with inviting indoor pool, and game area. Noise from outdoor pool area was a problem. I asked for a quiet room and stressed at check-in that I wanted a quiet location but I was given one on first floor where noise was real problem late into night. Breakfast was okay, server was great, but there was not one nutritious cereal. Limited selection compared to Hampton and Fairfield hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from the pools if you want to go to sleep before pools close.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I usually stay at Choice Hotels on my travels because of value vs cost and free breakfasts. I usually stay at Shoreline Inn right on the water when I'm in the Muskegon area, It is a few dollars more but it is such a beautiful place I usually stay there. Today I wished that I spent the $20 dollars. The Comfort Inn in Muskegon is is need of upkeep. The roof had blue tarps on the roof and the 1st room that I had the air conditioning unit wasn't working. The check in was very pleasant and the breaksast hostess (Amy) was outstanding. They moved us to a different room the 10 minutes later re-rented the room with the faulty AC. My suggestion is this is a diamond in the rough. If they invest a little more this could be a perfect stop over for going to Michigan Adventure or the Beautiful Lake Michigan beaches. Until they do I would recommend staying at the Shoreline Inn. The staff at check in (Patty) and Amy Food Services made the rest of my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family