Holiday Inn Muskegon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Causeway Motel(North Muskegon)
Seaway Motel(Muskegon)
  • Pool
Belaire Motel(Muskegon)
View Hotel
AmeriHost Inn Muskegon(Muskegon Heights)
View Hotel
All reviewssteam roomstreet grillrestaurant staffkids eat freewould stay here againclean roomsnice restaurantlake michiganfamily vacationgrand rapidsthermostatbreweryarena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I really dont know why this place received such low reviews. I was in town for a funeral and the hotel was very clean and the staff was attentive and friendly. Not one bad day here on my three night stay. I must add that the bartenders were WONDERFUL and very personable. Made me laugh even when I didnt want to. stayed 09/24-9/27

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It sure was a pleasure after a long day of traveling to experience the welcoming and helpful Samyrah at this hotel. When we checked out the next morning we were also greeted with a smile. She was friendly, informative and professional. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area. Thank you Samyrah!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 304traveler
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The desk agent was exceptional. She answered all of our questions and helped us book the next days hotel stay. She was professional and courteous. We enjoyed our visit to the area. Holiday Inn and Brittany made it extra enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Michigan's Adventure. The room and clean, a little dated, but overly worn out. When we got to our room we discovered there was no fridge. I called the front desk and we had a fridge/microwave combo within minutes. The mattresses were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, however, a little on the small side.

The restaurant was good, you can't beat free breakfast. You must join or belong to the Holiday Inn traveler program (free to join) in order to get the free breakfast coupons. Without the coupons, the breakfast buffet runs about $8 per person. Definitely worth it and our server was nicely compensated for her suggestion to join before ordering breakfast. A quick 2 minute trip to the lobby and we were back at our table, enjoying our meal. Breakfast includes a meat choice, waffles or pancakes, pastries, fruit, eggs, potatoes. The pool was nice, seemed a little small though. The kids enjoyed it. The whirlpool had to be closed for a few hours to be sanitized because the water test was "bad" per the maintenance man who asked us to get out. Parking is free in the attached parking garage. The hotel sits across the street from the harbor. Beautiful view of the sunset from rooms that look West. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: If you want to see the sunset from your room, ask for a room that faces West.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Smidgen21,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are glad our rooms exceeded your expectations. We are sorry you were not fully satisfied with the food selections that was served at the restaurant. We have taken note of your valuable feedback and will pass it on to the appropriate department. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 September 2013

First of all, I will say I'm very particular and detail orientated when it comes to restaurants and hotels. If I'm unhappy about an experience - you will know about it. We stayed here last weekend while we enjoyed our time at the Michigan Irish Music Festival. The staff was friendly, room was clean, quiet and I seriously have no complaints at all! I had read many bad reviews on here about the hotel so I was nervous about staying here - but this proved that not all are going to experience the same. I was happy overall with the stay and would stay there again. Thank you Holiday Inn for not letting us down! :-)

Room Tip: We had a room at the very end of the hallway which was away from everything. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family