“Terrible customer service..............”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Detroit, Michigan
“Terrible customer service..............”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Our family stay at this hotel was terrible... Rooms were dirty..... The pool area was so hot in there I couldn't even sit in there... The person at the front desk was to friendly, I know more about her personal life than I ever needed to know... I purchased 2 tickets for Michigan Adventure from her and paid in cash and was also charged to my room.. I tried to get this matter resolved with the hotel staff & general manager with no luck now I will have to call corporate and fight with them..The general manager was very rude. I will never stay at this hotel again and I will never recommend for anyone else to stay there....................

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Michigan
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We booked a last minute trip with the kids to Michigan Adventure and Grand Haven and this was the ONLY hotel room I could find in the area so we went with it.

I had high hopes when we walked in, the lobby was fine, the front desk staff was helpful and nice. I sent my husband to the store and I planned on going up to the room with the kids to get them ready for bed. We walked into the room and there was 9 empty soda and water bottles and dirty socks and underwear on the floor. I immediately called the front desk and they offered to switch our rooms so I got the kids and luggage back down the elevator and got a new room which was fine.

There was a broken elevator for our entire stay and it resulted in 15 minute waits for the elevator and finally at one point I had to carry my luggage down the 5 flights of stairs since every single elevator that was coming by was filled with people.

The a/c was so loud no one slept but if you turned if off, it was stuffy and sweltering in 5 minutes.

The a/c was out in half of the hotel...I felt so bad for the wedding that was going on on the first floor.

We had burned out lightbulbs in our room.

The entire experience was just yuck. When I mentioned this to the front desk, they didn't care. Said it was a bad weekend. Whatever, I will not be back.

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel is nice but there is pretty much nothing going on around it. When I was walking to my room lugging my suitcase I came upon 4 members of housekeeping (3 females and 1 male) in the hallway. Their carts were blocking the hallway and they had piles of towels and sheets in the way. I stopped for a minute thinking that perhaps they would clear a path but no such luck. They just went about their business carrying on their conversations with each other and I worked my way through their carts and linen.

One of the elevators was out of service and the other was quite slow. We went to the pool and witnessed the hot tub drain completely. There was some sort of malfunction that caused it to drain into a hallway on the first floor. Someone had left a soggy slice of pizza near one of the ladders to the pool which was pretty disgusting. If that wasn't bad enough then the dried up vomit on the outer deck area sealed the deal.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This hotel's rates at time I went did not resemble what was posted on their website, and I made my reservations a month early, for a wedding. I stayed for three nights and ended up paying double the expected amount. A block of rooms had been reserved buy the families in advance by the wedding parties.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank CTippicanoe
Bluffton, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed in a Jacuzzi suite with my wife and despite being made for 2 and having room service there was nowhere for us to sit and eat our meal. The step on the jacuzzi broke and fell apart when I was getting out and caused me to fall. The coffee pot blew the gfi every time I turned it on also. The meal we got from room service and the meal was horrible and my wifes steak was delivered without even a steak knife to cut it. The front desk staff was apologetic and did all they could but I filled out an accident report and comment card and was assured the general manager would contact me. That never happened even after I sent him an email.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My daughters and I just returned from our stay at the Holiday Inn in Muskegon. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful except for letting us know that we had to have a silly coupon for the kids to eat free (when it is clearly printed on the menu that kids eat free)! But that was the least of my problems (although very inconvenient to leave your table...after waiting forever for the food to arrive). On our last night at the hotel my youngest daughter had already gone to sleep and I was almost asleep when I heard a dripping from the bathroom. I went in to find a huge leak in the ceiling! I called the front desk (asked if we wanted to move rooms at 10:30 p.m.). With one child asleep and another almost alseep...needless to say, I declined that offer! But they they sendt up the housekeeper. She called maintenance to come take a look. By the time he arrive the ceiling was gushing water and covering up the entire floor. He pulled off the ceiling tile and a the water came pouring out all over the floor and walls!!! He left only to return later with a new tile and cleaned up the mess. Problem is....this was my last night of vacation and I got ZERO rest after that. The next morning at check out I told the front desk manager about our evening. She simply looked at me and said that she was sorry. She then went on to tell me how they had just undergone a huge renovation and not sure how that happened. It wasn't until I told her that I thought a portion of the bill should be taken care of did she (very reluctantly) take off a mere $40.00 off our bill. She should have taken care of the entire evening for what we had to go through. Then to top it all off...I called the general manager on my way home from vacation to tell him about our experience. He had conveniently "stepped out of the office" when I called. I was assured that he would return my calls. It has been 4 days...and so far...no call. Imagine that! I will not return to this hotel...ever.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Muskegon
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Last evening we had reservations at the restaurant for 5:45 pm, because we had a play across the street at 7:30. We ordered our meal prior to 6:00, receiving our food at approx. 7:15. Not only did we not have time to eat our meal, but my baked potato would not melt the butter I put on it and my vegetables were cold. My wife's meal consisted of perch, slighty warm rice pilaf, and one wedge of yellow squash for her vegetable. We asked the server to get the manager to come to the table so we could voice our concerns. That did not happen. I had to pay and leave at 7:28 which did not leave much time to share our eating experience w/ the manager. It was not the servers fault, she did quite well, under the circumstances, and we were not the only ones in this position. As we were waiting, we even asked for more bread/rolls, and were told they would see what they could do, but we might have to be charged for another basket, for it is one roll/person/table. You have got to be kidding! Our meal came to well over $30, and refusing to pay was not an option at this time. This is the 2nd time in a year that we ran into the same problem, and nothing has been done to alleviate it. I would say, unless you give yourself a minimum 2 hour lead time to be whereever it might be, this would not be the place to eat. Oh, yes, they tell us the menu had been changed. To my best knowledge, the only thing changed on the menu were the prices, and they didn't go down.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple