We stayed for one night at Chateau de la Cote. We found everything more than to our satisfaction. Location, decor, cuisine was as you would expect from a family owned chateau in Perigord. All the staff including the owner were charming and the evening meal was delicious despite there being a power cut in the area, due to a thunder and lightening storm. Whilst we were concerned having read some previous reviews, we would have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending this Chateau. The Chateau is very "off the beaten track" in the middle of absolutely charming countryside. It has a nice swimming pool and very attractive grounds. Having stayed previously in quite a number of family run French chateaux, it more than met all our expectations. Our "Tom Tom" sat nav sent us on a "magical mystery tour", so be warned. Follow the signs from Bourdeilles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of green Périgord , situated between Périgueux and Brantome, " discover the charm of the past, in one of the most beautiful castles of the Dordogne hotels , whose origins date back to the fifteenth century."17 rooms and suites, spacious and bright , with antique furnishings combined with modern comforts. Each has its own character and offers stunning views over the rolling countryside and the old park . Romantic " les Moulineaux " suite with canopy bed has a private access to the terrace of the dungeon. Absolute calm. Pets allowed .The castle restaurant : generous traditional and gourmet cuisine based on fresh, seasonal and local produce prepared by our chef Marie Verdier . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau De La Cote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Cote Hotel Brantome
- Chateau De La Cote Brantome