Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites
US$100
US$78
US$70
RodewayInn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Free Wi-Fi only works in or near the lobby, not in your room or the outdoor areas. The rooms don't look like the pictures. The 1970's carpet is under the beds and the hardwoods are poorly put around it, the hallways have nasty 1970's carpet. The bathtub fills with water while you shower. They allow pets so you hear barking dogs all night.
The lobby area and where the free breakfast is served is remodeled and nice. The staff is friendly.
There is no close by restaurants, gas stations or other amenities. Not the best part of town either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandi M
i0712, General Manager at Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience during your recent stay. I would like you to know that we are continuing to make updates to the hotel, and many other guests have been very pleased with our high level of customer service and quality here. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at any time as I would like the chance to discuss this matter with you further.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here after visiting Michigan Adventure. Since the room was $94 I figured it would b ok to stay here. Not. The staff were really laid back and had on jeans and t-shirts. They gave me the Internet code but it didn't work at all. We had to drag our suit case up the stairs since there was not an elevator. The hallways are filthy. Very dirty the entire way. The room was ok but you could tell they didn't vacuum along the walls or bed frame. The weirdest thing was our room floor was slanted at an angle. Some how the floor wasn't flat so much that the desk drawer wouldn't stay shut. We kept our socks on the entire time. The ice machine was broke. The pool is extremely small..a small square and the free breakfast was a joke. Good thing we thing we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Legs8
i0712, General Manager at Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience during your recent stay. We are continuing updates along with extensive training with our staff members, and many other guests have been very pleased with our high level of customer service and quality here. Please remember that at Red Roof Inn we have our hassle free guarentee, and I will take care of this matter with you personally to make sure that you are satisfied. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at any time as I would like the chance to discuss this matter with you further.

Red Roof Inn & Suites~Muskegon

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We called twice for housekeeping for a clogged toilet- once at night then again in the am no one came!!! The floors in hallways were extra dirty, the staff was nice. The breakfast was decent. Overall it was just ok . Couldn't get over the filthy carpets

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chris0125
i0712, General Manager at Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers. I would like you to know that we are currently waiting for the contractors to install our new carpeting throughout the hallways. Should you like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel and I will do my best to address and concerns. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was more than adequate. Room clean and would stay again. Oh yeah we have stayed here before! Close proximity to all attractions we wanted to see and easy to get to highway. Thanks for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
i0712, General Manager at Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that the staff members were super friendly and helpful during your stay, and that you were very satisfied with our breakfast selection. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

When I pulled in I thought oh no. But after walking in I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was recently updated with hardwood floors and carpet in one bedroom, they were very clean as well. While staying there I noticed that they were doing a number of upgrades to the outside as well. I had a 2br 2bthrm suite for $120 a night that's awesome. The room was very clean, as well as the lobby and breakfast area. Great Bargain for the price!

Room Tip: The standard 2 room suite was awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ofcrpaul16
i0712, General Manager at Muskegon Heights Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

To our Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with others. It is very nice to hear such great feedback as yours regarding the staff as well as the hotel, as everyone here has been working very hard to improve our overall guest experience. I am very happy that you were pleased with the new hardwood/carpet combinations in our renovated guest rooms. Thank you again for sharing your experience with other travelers, and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Muskegon.

Red Roof Inn & Suites ~ Muskegon Heights