Hotel Le Gardon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
La Begude Saint Pierre(Vers-Pont-du-Gard)
View Hotel
Motel Le Clos De La Cerisaie(Castillon-du-Gard)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe pont du gardexcellent bathroomoutdoor areaa family run hotelbicycle tournice villagean excellent dinnergreat hotelhomemade yogurtour night staylarge roomuzesfrancejamshost
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I spent 3 nights away at Janice and Jean-Luc's sanctum of a hotel, tucked away in beautiful surroundings and a wonderful base for exploring Uzes, Ile Sur la Sorgue, Avignon and beyond! Although we were only away for 3 nights - it felt much longer due to the relaxation we all felt. Travelling away for my mum's 65th birthday with some really great friends - it was the weekend we'd all dreamt about! The food is exceptional and very reasonable indeed for the quality. We ended up eating in every night - because the food, ambience and setting was perfect! We were blessed with great weather - but even without that - this hotel is fab! The rooms are very comfortable indeed - 3 of us shared a family room with a wonderful balcony.
Also - the wine list is exceptionally reasonable and Jean-Luc is excellent at making wonderful local recommendations!
I loved the gardens too - and will be returning soon! Thanks again for such a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Try and get a balcony room and definitely a family room if you are 3!
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend with some friends. We were made to feel very welcome by Janice and Jean-Luc. I shared a family room with two friends. The room was fantastic: a double bed with another room off it with two twin beds. The windows have great shutters too so you get a great night's sleep!!! The ensuite was fine and we had a lovely spacious blacony with table and 4 chairs, a great view from here and a fab place to watch the sunset in the evening. There is a lift up to the bedrooms so it has good access.
The outdoor area is lovely. Plenty of space to relax and unwind after a day's shopping! We didn't get to use the pool as it wasn't open yet, but it's a large outdoor pool - great for the summer!
The best part of the hotel - and a pleasant surprise was the quality of the restaurant! We actually ate in every night and had the 26 euro three course meal. It was always delicious and great value. Jean-Luc recomended some great local wines and aperitifs and every bottle we had was exceptional and fantastic value.
Breakfast was also delicious. Fresh croissants, pain au chocolat and bread. Fresh fruit salad and homemade yogurt, as well as coffee and a selection of teas and fruit juices.
The hotel is an easy 50 minutes drive from Montpellier airport, so I would recommend hiring a car. From there you can visit Uzes, a lovely little town with a great market. Locally there are also vineyards to visit - or just spend the day by the pool.
A great spot for a long weekend away, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms have good sound proofing. The family rooms beneift from a balcony. Rooms at the back are shielded from the wind more.
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We've just returned from a long weekend away for my mum's 65th Birthday with 8 friends all ladies, ranging in ages from 33 to 65. I persuaded them all to join me as I've stayed at le Gardon previously year on year as I love the hotel & the region.. I keep coming back because it's got clean and comfortable rooms (I've stayed in quite a few different ones over the years and they're all lovely) it's also a great base for exploring Avignon, Arles, Uzes, Pont du Gard, l'isle-sur-la-sorgue are a number that I've enjoyed but there are lots more....... it's an easy drive from Montpelier too. Weather was fantastic every day and we looked forward to our meals every evening. Janice and Jean-luc have always been very welcoming and are great hosts. Uzes is one of my favourite places with it's great market on Saturdays and I was pleased to share it with all my friends after raving about it and the Hotel for years.........roll on our next trip and I must try the kayaking this time !!

Room Tip: Family rooms have a balcony
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have just returned from a long weekend break with a group of girl friends. We couldn't have picked a better hotel. The owners Janice and Jean-Luc Jourdain make a great team. They have created a relaxing environment and are terrific hosts. The hotel is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. I lived in France for 2 years and can honestly say I that the excellent quality of the food was a total surprise. We took all our evening meals in the hotel because of this. The weather was sunny every day which meant we could enjoy the lovely outside space too.
The area offers a wide variety of activities. There are some interesting towns nearby to explore and a brilliant market in Uzes which is 5 mins away. A must is a visit to the nearby Roman Aquaduct. take a picnic and enjoy the river beaches and lovely walks.
There is something for everyone
We were only away for 3 nights but came back so relaxed and refreshed it felt longer.
Thank you again Janice. Jean-Luc and the team.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights last Summer and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
Collias village itself is a pleasant enough place, if very quiet. It is a kayaking centre and not much else, and has little in the way of restaurants and bars. However, the Pont du Gard, Avignon, etc. are within easy driving distance so you won't be bored in this area.
The hotel itself is situated on the very edge of the village. When leaving the village to drive to the hotel, the residential area you pass through seems a trifle rough but don't be put off by this. Once you get up to the hotel itself you forget all this. It has fine views across the valley over olive groves. All very nice.
The hotel seems family run which gives it a much more personable feel.
The room we had was rather small. There was enough room for the baby bed but there was not a great deal to spare. The room and the bathroom were basic but comfortable enough. Downside was one day when our son dropped one of his toys under the bed. Retrieving it showed that the area under the bed had probably never been cleaned- it was a jungle of dust and cobwebs- not very pleasant.
Now to the restaurant...the food here was excellent and our special requirements (veggie) were surprisingly well catered for. Compared with other restaurants in the area, it was extremely good value. We ended up taking the 'demi-pension' and eating here every night, and didn't regret it. The garden at the back of the restaurant is a lovely place to eat, friendly staff, etc. All in all, no complaints on the evening meal. The breakfast buffet is very basic though and after six nights we were looking forward to a change!
When I consider the area we were in, the quality of the evening meal, and the price of the room and demi-pension, I have no hesitation in strongly recommending this hotel as a base to visit the Pont du Gard, Avignon, etc. It claims to be a three star hotel and really is a three star hotel but is very good value for money. Only the size of the room and the dirt and dust under the bed stop me giving this a top rating.
A tip: a trip to Uzes makes a lovely day out- this was one of our favorite places in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family