“An epic location for an out of this world retreat”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
If you are looking for something out of the ordinary you have found your spot.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Karen B
Beamsville, Canada
“An epic location for an out of this world retreat”
Reviewed 25 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I recently attended an exceptional week long photography retreat that was held at the Chateau. The organizers promised us an "out of this world" experience and I have to say that the Chateau, the food, and the location all were a significant part of the retreat being exactly that. A thoroughly modern, 12th century chateau may seem like an oxymoron but this was exactly that! The recent update to the chateau is very tasteful and comfortable while the historical nature of the chateau remains intact –modernity is incorporated in the right proportions and places. We were at least 20 people and I never felt as if we were tripping over anyone else, so much room!

The views were stunning, especially from the rooftop where we shared our first glasses of champagne. I'm really glad I went out and explored the rustic village of St. Maximin early one the morning as well. It's so pretty.

Chef Theo, Ann and Sam never ceased to amaze our tastebuds. We ate and lived like royalty. The salt crusted lamb that Theo served was one of my absolute favourite meals in France. The fact that everyone who staffed the chateau was English was a bonus as none of the attendees spoke French.

The chateau is close to many incredible sites in South of France, including Nimes, Avignon, the Pont du Gard, and it wasn't even that far to the Camargue, where we went horsebackriding!

The big screen TV quality for presentations was exceptional, the pool was delightful and the main seating area that we congregated in was open and comfy. The one thing, for me, that could be improved is the range of the wifi throughout the chateau. Otherwise it was an mind blowing venue for our retreat and I will be working on my friends to book the chateau for a holiday in the near future! I miss our palace!

11 Apr 2018
Hi Karen, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate them and they are incredibly helpful for future guests. We've passed on your comments to the team !
Terri S
“Renter beware. Awesome location and Chateau. Poor housekeeping.”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The Château itself and the location where amazing. Beautiful and spacious. However there was little to nonexistent housekeeping. There were no wastebaskets in any rooms except the kitchens and bathrooms. Air-conditioning was only in certain bedrooms, not all of them. The bedroom I stayed in only had a small water cooler vented thru the window. It was not powerful enough to cool the bedroom at night. Bathrooms were not cleaned daily, (I was sharing a bathroom with 3 other people), and bedrooms were not maintain at all by any housekeeping staff. Towels were not changed out at any time during the week. The Wi-Fi, which was a selling point for rental of the Chateau, was supposed to be awesome and in every room. It was nonexistent except for one spot in the Chateau and even there only worked sporadically. The multi media room was another selling point for rental. It would only hold about three people (there was anywhere from 6 to 16 of us at any given time needing the room). It also wasn’t functioning so was unusable.

27 Sep 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This has come as a real shock to us and we are incredibly disappointed. Of course we can add more bins and more routers (already happening) and put more seats in the cinema. With regard to your main disappointment it sounds like there has been some miscommunication with the person who booked the chateau for your group. The chateau didn't come with housekeeping for your stay (of course we could have added housekeeping as an extra if required). Any housekeeping was actually done by our catering team who like to help out and add value between meals. I'm afraid that bed making, towels, bathroom cleaning was out of our control as it wasn't;t purchased. From looking at other reviews from the same stay it appears that others had this information and the reviews were very strong. Very sorry that we didn't communicate with you better on-site - we will address this. Thanks you for the feedback - it's crucial to us.
Rbarfoot
Grand Ledge, Michigan
“Fabulous place to stay!”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I was recently fortunate enough to spend a week at the Chateau and it was wonderful! Historic and beautiful I had so much fun just exploring all the rooms, nooks and crannies of the place. The bedrooms are big and airy. The pool was a refreshing extra. There is a quiet little garden spot where I sat in the sun and read or wrote in my journal. Additionally, the Chateau is also within an hour or two of other historic locations in France - the Pont du Gard, a Roman Coliseum in Nims, the town of Uzes, the Carmargue the Mediterranean Sea . I am already plotting how to get several friends to join me and rent the Chateau again. It is wonderful!

Additionally, I was fortunate enough that we had the Executive Chef group affiliated with the Chateau cooking for us. Executive Chef Theo Michaels cooked us wonderful meals and when he had to leave, Chefs Ann Cox and Samantha (sorry, Sam, I don't know your last name!) filled in very ably and continued to serve us great food.

27 Sep 2017
Thank you for taking the to write a review- that's really appreciated. The guys really enjoyed catering for you all. The pictures look amazing and I really hope the workshop went well.
cmbattist...
Troy, Michigan
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This château and surrounding village are probably the most amazing place I’ve ever been. Solitude but with city just around the corner. If you bring in the Chef Theo Michaels.... it’s even more amazing. The quality of his food art is unsurpassed.

27 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. The team really enjoyed looking after you all. The pictures look amazing and really hope the workshop was a real hit. Darren
nick-sele...
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 17 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I spent 4 wonderful days at The Chateau Provence as a guest at a friends wedding and the house was simply magical. The property itself is stunning, genuinely quite exceptional with every day revealing a new room, nook or cranny. The event itself aside, there are simply too many highlights to mention, however for me the main terrace & pool, the music room and the roof top complete with hot tub stole the show, Then there's the cinema, the outhouse, the main 'event room', the glass staircase, the...
Plenty of beautiful towns and villages to explore close by although many guests preferred to hang back by the pool, letting the outside world take a back seat for a few days!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
8 Feb 2017
Nick - Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Chateau. For us it's a very special place so we love it when our guests feel the same. Guests find the reviews very helpful too so thank you again. Darren
SandieP68...
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

The chateau is amazing , you could not falt a thing! We were there for my son's wedding and the whole thing was perfect. The chateau was so spacious with every amenity that you could possibly need including a huge cinema . The grounds were beautifully maintained and the pool area was fantastic . We ate in most of the time but there is a fabulous restaurant just around the corner .

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
8 Feb 2017
Hi Sandie, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your words and I'm so glad that you all enjoyed it and had an amazing time. All the best, Darren
HRHanson
Brighton, United Kingdom
“What an exquisite place, stunning, beautifully styled, spacious and well designed”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We had the most incredible time, the venue is breathtaking but styled in a way that you felt uutterly relaxed and welcomed without it feeling intimidating

It is elegant and grown up but also a great place for a celebration

Overall condition of the property Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
8 Feb 2017
Thank you so much for the review - guests really appreciate them too and find them very useful. I'm so glad that you came away relaxed and felt welcomed. That's why we do this. Hope we get to see you at The Chateau again.....Darren
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing