“Our dream wedding”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
If you are looking for something out of the ordinary you have found your spot.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Candice O
London, United Kingdom
“Our dream wedding”
Reviewed 9 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My husband and I chose The Chateau Provence as our wedding venue, following a long search for the right venue in this region. The building itself is absolutely exquisite, with a mix of 11th and 13th century features, in addition to modern facilities, such as the cinema room, sauna and kitchens. We booked the entire venue for 5 nights for our family and friends and had the most magical time relaxing by the pool and exploring all of the many rooms of this beautiful building. You will not want to leave!
The Elsewhere team organised our wedding day on site and were highly accommodating of our needs, making the whole experience relaxed and stress-free. Sam was a wonderful host and helped us to create the perfect day, in addition to helping all our other guests find accommodation in the village.
Our Executive Chef, Theo was an absolute gem and cooked up a storm for us each morning, impressing our families with delicious dishes to cater for all tastes. In addition to breakfasts, Theo also cooked our wedding meal and a fantastic barbecue for our guests the next day.
We had the best holiday of our lives in The Chateau Provence and are already thinking of booking a reunion there next year. Thank you to everyone at Elsewhere and I'm sure we'll see you again soon!

10 May 2018
Candice - A massive thank you to you and James for choosing us for your wedding event. We all loved looking after you and your group. I will pass this around the team. Everyone is driven to create something different and special so I know the team will be over the moon to hear that we hit the bull's-eye. Thank you again for everything and I can't wait to show you the video :) All the best, Darren
nrbegley
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pictures don't do this place justice!”
Reviewed 3 October 2017 for a stay in August 2017

There are no words to describe our château experience, but I'll try. The building itself it magic around every turn. I was lucky enough to spend two weeks at the château and I was just not prepared to leave...and hope to find myself back there one day. Sam, Ann, and Theo were with us throughout the stay and not only did they work tirelessly to give us an epic experience, they were a blast! They felt like family by the end of the trip.
As for the food, we had chef Theo cook for us and oh my goodness, each meal was more delicious than then the previous one....and they started out pretty darn good! You will NOT be disappointed if you elect to have some meals prepared for you.
Last, but certainly not least, the location of the château is incredible. Just a few minutes drive to Uzés and Pont du Gard. Nimes and Avignon are just a few minutes more. Just a gorgeous part of the world.
Thank you so much to the château team for making this stay something from the storybooks!

Your age range 35-49
11 Apr 2018
Thanks you very much for the review. We're delighted that we delivered for you all - that's why we do this.....it really drives us. Thank you once more
Charlotte...
“Magical, unforgettable, luxurious”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Two weeks at this amazing chateau wasn't nearly long enough, by the end of our stay we all wanted to move in permanently! And retain Theo as our full time chef for all eternity! During our stay we were treated to meal after gourmet meal from Chef Theo, Sam and Ann - my favourites were the salt crusted lamb - most amazing meal ever, thanks Theo! And the salmon from Sam and Ann was divine. Thanks guys!

11 Apr 2018
Hi Charlotte - thank you for taking the time to review us. It's really useful for future guests. The salt crusted lamb is a favourite of ours too!! Thank you again :)
Craig T
“Amazing Chateau and food fit for a king!”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

What an incredible venue, I had the pleasure of staying during a pet photography retreat, the property is stunning and the village is straight off of a postcard. And the food, WOW, the food cooked by Theo was outstanding, the breakfasts were wonderful and the duck, salmon and especially the salt baked lamb were all standouts of my stay. I hope I get to go back to The Chateau again some day.

27 Sep 2017
Thank you for the review - really glad that you had a fantastic time. We're always looking to get better so feedback is crucial to us. We're all about generating WOW - so to hear it in caps makes us happy :) Thank you.
Dena P
“Charming old world style perfect for a group”
Reviewed 25 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The Chateau was very comfortable. I stayed with a group of people and we had plenty of space. The rooms were all beautiful. We had plenty of hot water for showers. The seating and dining areas were comfortable and inviting. The food prepared by Chef Theo Michaels was beyond fantastic and provided a lot of variety to meet everyone's tastes and dietary needs. The area felt safe, secure and quiet. I would be happy to stay again. The roof-top view is a must see!

11 Apr 2018
Hi Dena - thank you for taking the time to write a review. Really glad you loved Theo's food. We do too !!
Karen B
Beamsville, Canada
“An epic location for an out of this world retreat”
Reviewed 25 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I recently attended an exceptional week long photography retreat that was held at the Chateau. The organizers promised us an "out of this world" experience and I have to say that the Chateau, the food, and the location all were a significant part of the retreat being exactly that. A thoroughly modern, 12th century chateau may seem like an oxymoron but this was exactly that! The recent update to the chateau is very tasteful and comfortable while the historical nature of the chateau remains intact –modernity is incorporated in the right proportions and places. We were at least 20 people and I never felt as if we were tripping over anyone else, so much room!

The views were stunning, especially from the rooftop where we shared our first glasses of champagne. I'm really glad I went out and explored the rustic village of St. Maximin early one the morning as well. It's so pretty.

Chef Theo, Ann and Sam never ceased to amaze our tastebuds. We ate and lived like royalty. The salt crusted lamb that Theo served was one of my absolute favourite meals in France. The fact that everyone who staffed the chateau was English was a bonus as none of the attendees spoke French.

The chateau is close to many incredible sites in South of France, including Nimes, Avignon, the Pont du Gard, and it wasn't even that far to the Camargue, where we went horsebackriding!

The big screen TV quality for presentations was exceptional, the pool was delightful and the main seating area that we congregated in was open and comfy. The one thing, for me, that could be improved is the range of the wifi throughout the chateau. Otherwise it was an mind blowing venue for our retreat and I will be working on my friends to book the chateau for a holiday in the near future! I miss our palace!

11 Apr 2018
Hi Karen, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate them and they are incredibly helpful for future guests. We've passed on your comments to the team !
Terri S
“Renter beware. Awesome location and Chateau. Poor housekeeping.”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The Château itself and the location where amazing. Beautiful and spacious. However there was little to nonexistent housekeeping. There were no wastebaskets in any rooms except the kitchens and bathrooms. Air-conditioning was only in certain bedrooms, not all of them. The bedroom I stayed in only had a small water cooler vented thru the window. It was not powerful enough to cool the bedroom at night. Bathrooms were not cleaned daily, (I was sharing a bathroom with 3 other people), and bedrooms were not maintain at all by any housekeeping staff. Towels were not changed out at any time during the week. The Wi-Fi, which was a selling point for rental of the Chateau, was supposed to be awesome and in every room. It was nonexistent except for one spot in the Chateau and even there only worked sporadically. The multi media room was another selling point for rental. It would only hold about three people (there was anywhere from 6 to 16 of us at any given time needing the room). It also wasn’t functioning so was unusable.

27 Sep 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This has come as a real shock to us and we are incredibly disappointed. Of course we can add more bins and more routers (already happening) and put more seats in the cinema. With regard to your main disappointment it sounds like there has been some miscommunication with the person who booked the chateau for your group. The chateau didn't come with housekeeping for your stay (of course we could have added housekeeping as an extra if required). Any housekeeping was actually done by our catering team who like to help out and add value between meals. I'm afraid that bed making, towels, bathroom cleaning was out of our control as it wasn't;t purchased. From looking at other reviews from the same stay it appears that others had this information and the reviews were very strong. Very sorry that we didn't communicate with you better on-site - we will address this. Thanks you for the feedback - it's crucial to us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing