“Chaarming hotel experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cuq Toulza
Bruxelles
“Chaarming hotel experience”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Regrettably we only spent one night there. Not only was the accomodation and dinner good but the whole atmosphere of the place is a real experience of sheer pleasure. The reception was very friendly as well as efficient. The situation in a terraced garden encompassing a very good pool is serene and charming.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We have been returning to Cuq every year since 2007...and will continue to do so until Tontons Philippe and Andonis decide not to be there anymore. The place is unbeatable but the hosts....we love you, oh and not to mention the food! We highly recommend Cuq en Terrasses. Lastly, it is children friendly too.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank DharmaTien
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed here last May. I screwed up the dates and reserved for April by accident. The owners were extremely accomodating and did not charge me for the missed night (which they had the right to do) - only for what the ingredients cost them for the missed meal. This was highly appreciated and says much about the integrity of the owners. Our room was large and had a wonderful view of the countryside. The scenery is not as dramatic as in the Lot Valley or other areas of France we have visited, but very peaceful and bucolic and perfect for a getaway bolthole. Most remarkable are the gardens which are lovingly tended to and the wonderful swimming pool. Dinner was very good and served in a large room adjoining the terrace. It was a bit pricier compared to meals we had outside the hotel. I suppose there is a small premium as this is the only option in the immediate vicinity. Outside the hotel, we mostly ate at Michelin recommended bib gourmand restaurants which were better value and of course with scrumptious food. Highly recommended is La Table du Sommelier in Albi where there is an excellent wine-paired menu at a reasonable price. Tables at the hotel restaurant were spaced apart yet close enough to encourage interesting conversations with fellow travelers. We met some very interesting people and exchanged information on our travels. The singing afterwards was not exactly our cup of tea, and I sensed the same with a few other guests, but most seemed to enjoy it and it is most definitely an imaginative ending to the evening. I really enjoyed breakfast, in particular the wonderful homemade yogurt-lemon pound cake. Yum. Staff went all out to provide a great experience at the hotel; although we sensed a bit of reserve on the part of one of the owners, the rest of the staff was extremely warm and made us feel very welcome. As we were traveling around Midi Pyrenees and using the hotel as a base for Toulouse, Cordes sur Ciel and Albi, it was a bit of a schlepp (about an hour or more to the latter two), so that might be a downside if you are looking to explore a bit further away. All in all highly recommended and enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KincsZoltan
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stay in this hotel for three nights to start out holiday this year in France. What an idyllic location and a lovely hotel with wonderful hosts. No problems parking as you can park right outside the hotel.

We had the Terracotta room, which was great. Obviously if you look on the website there is a big beam going across the room, which was a bit of an issue for my husband, but I’m a bit short o I was fine. The bathroom is down a set of steps, so if you are unsteady on your feet then I suggest you book a different room. and yes it is true there is no door on the bathroom. Although there is a curtain, which is perfectly adequate, although my husband and I have been married for a while, so some couple might want a bit more privacy. The shower was comical, as my husband is tall and although there is frost glass on next to the shower to the street, the top piece of glass is clear, so my hubby could wave to anyone passing by whilst he showered, which he felt was a little strange, but again no issue for me.

There is a TV in the room and a kettle with tea and coffee. There are lovely gardens around the hotel and a pool, you really can loose yourself and we certainly did. Moving onto the evening, there really aren’t too many places to eat nearby, but we did eat at what I would consider a road side café on the night the restaurant was closed that was in town, but it was great, we really enjoyed it. The other two nights we ate at the hotel and what a lovely meal it was. I’m vegetarian, but all I had to do was email before I went there to say what I would and wouldn’t eat and I was fully catered for with little fuss, which is how I like it, as I feel I am being a pain as it is, so it does make me feel better when attention isn’t drawn to it, so thank you for that. The after meal entertainment was great. Signing round the piano, my hubby and I are usually very restrained, but we were signing away and really enjoyed it.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel and would certainly go there again.

Room Tip: If your tall don't stay in the terracotta room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pollie1
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We went to a wedding in Castre and stayed at the Cuq en Terrasses for one night. The location is beautiful, our room was charming, the breakfast was excellent and Philippe and Andonis are incredibly helpful. What can I say? It was perfect.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eugenio_ez501
Neston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Overall experience out of 10 would be 9. Philipe mentioned that he expected to have help on the dining terrace but the help could not come until after we had departed. For 18 covers, the restaurant needs two people serving. However this is meant to be a constructive/helpful comment since the overall experience of spending 4 nights at this wonderful place was first class and to be recommended.

Room Tip: Cannot imagine that any rooms would be noisy - we had Laragais which is one floor above the terrace...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

A little gem. We booked in at the last moment and as there was only one room available, which our daughter occupied, we were offered the possibility of staying at Phillippe's neighbour's house. I was a bit hesitant at first but he assured me it was beautiful and only 5 mins away. It turned out to be two mins away and it was perfect.
The hotel itself is really beautiful and full of charm. The breakfasts are delicious as are the evening meals. As a special treat, after dinner, the owners give renditions of songs from the musicals. Our stay was delightful.....do not hesitate to book this superb hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Clos Fleuri
#1 of 6 in Castelnaudary
Filatiers
La Cour des Consuls Hotel and Spa Toulouse - Mgallery Collection

Been to Cuq en Terrasses? Share your experiences!