“The first gorgeous trip in France!”
Review of Cuq en Terrasses

and 1 more site!
Cuq en Terrasses
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cuq Toulza
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed seven days at the Cuq en terrasses hotel in mid-October.
We loved everything about the Cuq en terrasses.
The landscape was picturesque. Breakfast and dinner were delicious. People were nice.
Medieval villages around the hotel were really beautiful.
Their hospitality was particularly warm.
My best experiences were horse riding and sailing trip in the Mediterranean Sea.
They booked these attractions, car and driver for us before we arrived.
We enjoyed a lot the countryside in France.
Keiko

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Keiko T

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Unfortunately, we only had one day at Cuq en Terrasses but what a lovely day it was! The drive itself through the countryside from Toulouse was pleasant, but the situation of the hotel is quite breathtaking, overlooking as it does a beautiful valley. Our room was a charming little detached house, right next to the pool, and was furnished in a rustic but sophisticated style. Moreover, it was very comfortable. We were greeted by the owner, Phillippe, who was very cordial. The highlight of our stay, however, was the amazing meal prepared by Andonis. The setting helped to make the night magical, as the sun went down slowly over the fields and colored everything golden. Although the chef had forgotten that I am a vegetarian, he was able to whip up a nice substitute for the night's chicken dish. We very much enjoyed this lovely place in the country.

Room Tip: Because we were the last of the guests to arrive, we were in the individual cottage. I imagine a yo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katalin G
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Cuq en Terrasses is just a unique and comfortable countryside hotel we could found in Cuq Toulza. We always demand a perfect staying conditions in everywhere we go, and this hotel just has it all. The room has everything for a pleasant and comfortable stay in French style furniture and lovely decoration from inside out with wood and flowers. This part of France is beautiful and the atmosphere is so refreshing. Our 3 days were full of fun and all the worries about staying in a strange place just disappeared. I highly recommend this hotel for families or couples looking for a peaceful corner in France.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Regrettably we only spent one night there. Not only was the accomodation and dinner good but the whole atmosphere of the place is a real experience of sheer pleasure. The reception was very friendly as well as efficient. The situation in a terraced garden encompassing a very good pool is serene and charming.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We have been returning to Cuq every year since 2007...and will continue to do so until Tontons Philippe and Andonis decide not to be there anymore. The place is unbeatable but the hosts....we love you, oh and not to mention the food! We highly recommend Cuq en Terrasses. Lastly, it is children friendly too.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank DharmaTien
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed here last May. I screwed up the dates and reserved for April by accident. The owners were extremely accomodating and did not charge me for the missed night (which they had the right to do) - only for what the ingredients cost them for the missed meal. This was highly appreciated and says much about the integrity of the owners. Our room was large and had a wonderful view of the countryside. The scenery is not as dramatic as in the Lot Valley or other areas of France we have visited, but very peaceful and bucolic and perfect for a getaway bolthole. Most remarkable are the gardens which are lovingly tended to and the wonderful swimming pool. Dinner was very good and served in a large room adjoining the terrace. It was a bit pricier compared to meals we had outside the hotel. I suppose there is a small premium as this is the only option in the immediate vicinity. Outside the hotel, we mostly ate at Michelin recommended bib gourmand restaurants which were better value and of course with scrumptious food. Highly recommended is La Table du Sommelier in Albi where there is an excellent wine-paired menu at a reasonable price. Tables at the hotel restaurant were spaced apart yet close enough to encourage interesting conversations with fellow travelers. We met some very interesting people and exchanged information on our travels. The singing afterwards was not exactly our cup of tea, and I sensed the same with a few other guests, but most seemed to enjoy it and it is most definitely an imaginative ending to the evening. I really enjoyed breakfast, in particular the wonderful homemade yogurt-lemon pound cake. Yum. Staff went all out to provide a great experience at the hotel; although we sensed a bit of reserve on the part of one of the owners, the rest of the staff was extremely warm and made us feel very welcome. As we were traveling around Midi Pyrenees and using the hotel as a base for Toulouse, Cordes sur Ciel and Albi, it was a bit of a schlepp (about an hour or more to the latter two), so that might be a downside if you are looking to explore a bit further away. All in all highly recommended and enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KincsZoltan
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stay in this hotel for three nights to start out holiday this year in France. What an idyllic location and a lovely hotel with wonderful hosts. No problems parking as you can park right outside the hotel.

We had the Terracotta room, which was great. Obviously if you look on the website there is a big beam going across the room, which was a bit of an issue for my husband, but I’m a bit short o I was fine. The bathroom is down a set of steps, so if you are unsteady on your feet then I suggest you book a different room. and yes it is true there is no door on the bathroom. Although there is a curtain, which is perfectly adequate, although my husband and I have been married for a while, so some couple might want a bit more privacy. The shower was comical, as my husband is tall and although there is frost glass on next to the shower to the street, the top piece of glass is clear, so my hubby could wave to anyone passing by whilst he showered, which he felt was a little strange, but again no issue for me.

There is a TV in the room and a kettle with tea and coffee. There are lovely gardens around the hotel and a pool, you really can loose yourself and we certainly did. Moving onto the evening, there really aren’t too many places to eat nearby, but we did eat at what I would consider a road side café on the night the restaurant was closed that was in town, but it was great, we really enjoyed it. The other two nights we ate at the hotel and what a lovely meal it was. I’m vegetarian, but all I had to do was email before I went there to say what I would and wouldn’t eat and I was fully catered for with little fuss, which is how I like it, as I feel I am being a pain as it is, so it does make me feel better when attention isn’t drawn to it, so thank you for that. The after meal entertainment was great. Signing round the piano, my hubby and I are usually very restrained, but we were signing away and really enjoyed it.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel and would certainly go there again.

Room Tip: If your tall don't stay in the terracotta room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Castelnaudary
Hotel de l'Europe
Hotel de l'Europe
#2 of 11 in Castres

Been to Cuq en Terrasses? Share your experiences!