“Fantastic place to relax”
Review of Cuq en Terrasses

and 1 more site!
Cuq en Terrasses
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cuq Toulza
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is quite simply the best hotel I have ever had the good fortune to stay in. Beautifully situated in the countryside east of Toulouse, the welcome made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The gardens which run down from the old house to the swimming pool are quite stunning with lots of nooks and crannies where you can sit and relax and therefore you never feel that you are tripping over the other guests. Dinners in the evening were a joy off a fixed menu with a beautiful view over the countryside and having noted my wife's pregnancy, we didn't need to worry about what she was eating while we there as they took that all into account. Advice on places to explore in the area was spot on and all added up to a fabulous few days to unwind and relax. Would definitely come back and would strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duncan W

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location of this perfect hotel is fantastic with beautiful views over the surrounding countryside which the owners have made the most of with a glazed dining room extension. We stayed with our ten year old son and had a converted barn oposite the main hotel which had a lounge/kitchen area as well as a bedroom and bathroom which worked out perfectly for us. We dined in the restaurant on three nights of our four night stay (its closed on a Wednesday) and the food was superb as were the wines we chose with Philippes help. The owners have a great team to help them run the place with everyone obviously going out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. We were slightly unlucky with the weather at the end of May but this gives us a good excuse to visit again as it would be a different holiday with good weather. It has got to be said that the food was the real highlight for us and although we didn't have a bad meal while we were out and about in the day we wouldn't eat anywhere else in the evenings. The set menu approach just made it a bit more exciting and we were asked before our visit if there was anything that we really didn't like or were allergic to. I guess it also helps them too deliver food to a very high standard everyday. It was obvious that all of the ingredients were fresh and good quality - Andonis told us that supermarkets have a big red cross on the door as far as he is concerned as he prefers to use local independent suppliers. As I have said already we travelled as a family and, although this might not be the owners target market, it has to be said they made a real effort to make sure he felt comfortable and enjoyed his stay - he loved the food too! We have already recommended this place to friends and family and I am sure we will visit again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank holsdan
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am very lucky to be to able stay here on business and it is always a pleasure and it never feels like a business trip when you relax in the gardens with a glass of wine and admire the views and take in the peace and quiet.

Rooms are all different and quirky and lovely and dinner is always excellent
Every one always seems to be asleep when I come down for breakfast but it is nice to sit quietly enjoying the lovely bread and homemade jams (my favourite is the fig)

The welcome is always warm and nothing is too much trouble.
On my last visit my taxi cancelled so Philippe drove me to the office and when I checked out I forgot the olive oil I had bought and they drove over to the office and delivered it for me

Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent 4 nights/days here as we traveled about the Languedoc region with a small tour group. Hands down, the best hotel experience we've ever had, with exquisite food preparation/service. The owners, Philippe and Andonis, clearly love what they do and it shows in all aspects of the guest experience. The rooms and hotel are spotless, the service is unobtrusive, yet available, and the grounds are breathtaking.

Did we mention the food? Wonderful recipes, local ingredients, professional preparation and presentation, and easy-going, competent service. Great recommendations for wine pairings and wine from local domaines across the region are available.

Finally, prices for the rooms and meals are truly an exceptional value! What else could a traveler ask for? We happily give our highest recommendations to Cuq en Terasses.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank makmsj
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Philippe & Andonis have been running this amazing hotel for over a decade now and it is hard to imagine how it could get any better. But it does. Over the years, investments have been made in the hotel, both large (the conservatory dining room) and not so large. The garden has been developed and extended, thanks to Armelle, and is now heavenly and a joy to walk in. The culinary experience is superb, thanks to Andonis and Mallory, and many of the vegetables and herbs come from the garden. The rooms (including the sitting room) and all comfortable and very attractively furnished and the view from the terrace is wonderful. Philippe & Andonis care greatly for the welfare of their staff, with the result (and this is something that has never changed) that you are welcomed and cared for as if you were part of a family. Peace and tranquillity reign in this wonderful oasis. It doesn't get any better.

Room Tip: Ask Philippe, as the rooms all have individual characters.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jeflloyd
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I love staying at Cuq en Terrasses. The hospitality is excellent and the food is the best food I have tasted in France. There is a personal touch to the hospitality which is missing in regular hotels.The ambiance is very relaxing.
I have been there three times already and look forward to my future visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alka Abbi T
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We've never stayed at this hotel because we live locally but the restaurant food is to die for. The hotel itself is a beautifully renovated building with the most stunning views in the entire region (and a terrace and conservatory you can enjoy them from no matter what the weather). The food is of international quality, a re-imagining of Greek dishes with a strong French influence. My husband and I call the stuffed courgette specialty the "courgette of happiness" - probably the yummiest dish I have ever tried. You do have to book in advance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Castelnaudary
Hotel de l'Europe
Hotel de l'Europe
#2 of 11 in Castres

Been to Cuq en Terrasses? Share your experiences!