“Just great!! with a garden of Edem and a cozy, friendly atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cuq en Terrasses

and 1 more site!
Cuq en Terrasses
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cuq Toulza
Athens, Greece
“Just great!! with a garden of Edem and a cozy, friendly atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

The place is unique, is like visiting a friends home, each room has its own style and decoration, the staff is polite and willing to fulfill any demand, the food is made by fresh and best quality ingredients, some of these ingredients are from the wonderful garden which surrounds the building...!!
They offer fine wines, and there is always singing and playing the piano after dinner... by the owners of the place and everyone else who wishes to participate!! And when the weather is warm enough there is a pool to swim and relax...
oh, I am looking forward to visit cuq en terrasses soon!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

A friend of mine has already written an extensive review of this hotel below and I can not echo her comments enough. 8 of us went on a 3 night stay here and it really is difficult to put into words how fabulous the place is.

The picturesque surroundings of the hotel are absolutely beautiful and the hotel itself is a home from home; fantastic in its decor and spotlessly clean.

Phillipe and Andonis the hosts are wonderful, so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much for them. They helped organise days out for us as well as taxis to and from the airport (incidentally if you do go here and need a taxi Nicolas is the man for you- he took us everywhere we went during our stay!)

The food served in this hotel is truely amazing. Andonis is a fantastic chef and the standard of his food is superb- some of the best meals that I have ever eaten served with fine wine on a terrace overlooking amazing views while the sun sets around you. It really is perfect.

We did the cookery class which I would highly recommend- we had great fun and picked up some brilliant tips.

I will certainly be returning here and recommend it highly to everyone. The perfect place for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

We were only at Cuq en Terrasses for three nights, but we'll be dreaming of going back for a long, long time. The setting -- high on a hill looking out over a beautiful garden and green fields (all the way to the Pyrenees on clear days, we're told) -- was stunning. Our room was large and comfortable and French-homelike. The food -- both breakfast and dinner -- was fab! But it was the hosts and the staff who made our stay the sort that dreams are made of. Philippe was away until our last evening, so we'll look forward to getting to know him better next visit, but Andonis was a welcoming friend from the minute he answered the door when we arrived -- not to mention a great tour adviser and an outstanding chef. Wish we could go again this weekend!

1 Thank Textibb
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

To sum up my experience at Cuq En Terrases is going to be very difficult but below is my best attempt!!

Firstly - I was organising an away trip for a girlfriend of mine that is getting married next month, there were 8 of us and we had decided somewhere in France would be a good starting point. So we started to research some villas and hotels etc but nothing we found described the perfect place that ticked all the boxes, that was until we stumbled upon the website of Cuq En Terrases it seemed to sum up everything we were after and as a party of 8 people had just the right mix of bedrooms, generally good weather for this time of year and also - importantly to us - a good sized pool.

From the moment I booked it I knew we had struck gold! Having read trip advisor reviews I was amazed at the lack of negative comments – there is always someone un-happy after all and from what I could see and the positive reviews it really did seem like it was ‘The place' and we booked it immediatley.

I had been in touch with the hotel owners Phillipe and Adonis from then and constantly since then researching the hotel, area and things to do and they have never delayed in responding helpfully to my questions and helping me plan what turned out to be one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had. This was a big help for me as I really did not know the area at all nor did I speak any French (That’s a work in progress).

They helped me arrange a local taxi at a great rate, A trip to a local vineyard, A meal in the surrounding area one night and most importantly a fantastic cookery course on the premises of Cuq En Terrases.

We arrived on the Friday ( we were there for a long weekend) and were immediately welcomed by Philipe who showed us round the hotel bedrooms, They were beautifully designed with each bedroom differing in style but as characteristic as the next. As well as 2 rooms we also had the pool side suite booked out which slept 4 of us which really was perfect as you have your own outdoor area and are right on the pool doorstep.

All of the rooms were beautifully furnished and the beds provided an extremely comfortable nights sleep on each night. The gardens themselves I could write a book on but to keep it short they were stunning, Adonis and Phillipe have a vast mix of beautiful plants and colourful flowers surrounding the whole hotel which make for some very nice strolls in the morning pre breakfast / Sunset or I’m sure at any time of the day. Admiring the gardens was a real highlight - Still on the last day there were new flowers to discover.

We ate in the hotel for breakfast and dinner and the food was amazing, I have been introduced to the Amuse Bouches and since my return have found my three course dinners not satisfying enough! I really can’t compliment Adonis enough with regards to the presentation and delicious flavours of the food , each course surpassed the next with us finding ourselves watching the kitchen door in anticipation of the delights to follow which still amazed us further.

On the first night we had Goats cheese & Spinach wrapped in a pastry triangle then roasted veg with cheese & ham on top. Then asparagus mousse with asparagus & mushroom sauce which was really superb, Salmon with veg & celeriac puree & pear & almond tart with raspberry coulis followed by a mixture of cheese, If I had been told that was my upcoming dinner I would not have believed I could have eaten it but as each course came there was just no room for refusal!

They have a bar in the inside dining area and a fabulous wine list – I hope it has managed to be restocked since our departure – it was suited to all budgets too and there was a great deal of choice depending on your preference and taste.

On Sunday we toom part in a cookery course which we had pre-booked, it was way above my expectations and having been to cookery classes in the UK they just do not compare in quality of food and knowledge of foods. Adonis spent three hours with us showing us intricate details and secret ways to work with food – I now know how to make the perfect mess free poached egg and butterfly a chicken breast like never before. The herbs are all hand picked from their gardens and the eggs are delivered on a daily basis by the chickens in the gardens – you can have fun timing yours to perfection at breakfast! All their food is locally sourced from the best suppliers and the market near by.

I really could talk further about this fabulous place forever more, it was just so wonderful having somewhere so beautiful to relax, swim, eat, drink and watch the sun set whilst catching up and laughing with friends.

There is no doubt about it I will go back for sure, it is the kind of place you can have a real mixture of ages and personalities, there were return guests and new guests when we were there who all seemed to be in there perfect place with the relaxing paradise that Adonis & Phillipe make more than comfortable for you, They just can’t do enough for you who treat you like visiting friends and go above and beyond the call of duty from the start to the finish.

We were all very disappointed to leave but can take home wonderful memories of a truly suberb weekend break in truly fantastic surroundings welcomed, hosted and very much enjoyed the company of two truly genuine people.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gilliang92
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

a long weekend at Cuq en Terrasses was a much needed break in the countryside. Cuq en Terrrasses is a gem. Beautiful gardens. Delicious dinners with great wines from the region. And the best was the warm, friendly welcome from Ando and Philppe.

1 Thank davidofsifnos
France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

This was our second trip to Cuq en Terrasses. This time as a fabulous treat for my birthday. Andonis and Philippe made us extremely welcome. Despite poor weather we found sheltered places in the garden which was beautiful and very peaceful. There is a pool, massages are also available. Being a small hotel it is fun chatting with the other guests in the library over an aperatif and joining in the sing song around the piano after dinner. The food was a delightful combination of fresh local flavours complimentented by fine local wines. You feel as though you are a guest in a friend's beautiful home, which is really very nice, unfortunately one night just isn't long enough!

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

Cuq en Terrasses, an old presbytery set on a hillside overlooking the beautiful countryside of the Pays de Cocaigne, is one of those places, once having been there, you will wish to come back to.
It's rural location, with it's stunning gardens and a great pool, is the ideal stopover. Convenient to Toulouse, Carcassone and the autoroute, it is well situated for touring and sightseeing or just chilling out.
The rooms are excellent, the food to die for, the proprietors welcoming, attentive and friendly.
We have had the privelege of staying there twice now and look forward to returning.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
#4 of 11 in Castres
Ibis Styles Castres
Ibis Styles Castres
#1 of 11 in Castres

Been to Cuq en Terrasses? Share your experiences!