“Beautiful property, strange layout” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les Trois Soleils de Montal

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint-Cere
Les Trois Soleils de Montal
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Saint-Cere
Paraza
“Beautiful property, strange layout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hotel is located in a beautiful, park-like wooded area. The building itself is not bad looking but is nothing special. The rooms, many with balcony, are small, not all have AC and are kind of dated. The toilet in our room was tiny and the good, modern shower is located more or less open and next to the bed. The very nice pool, without changing room and a very dated service building, is located approx, 300 meters from the hotel. Not only the distance to the pool was bothersome but that the pool cleaning gear was still in full operation at 9AM the other day.
The restaurant is first class, the dishes very tasty and well prepared. My souffle was best! The service was attentive but a little spotty.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank UbErich F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
peterborough, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

we spent 2 nights here and had easter lunch. wonderful food and service, french families enjoying a lovely and delicious easter meal together. easy to get to many fabulous little villages from here. very nice owners and staff

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peterborough_NHJules
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Les Trois Soleils de Montal for several days in April. Although the weather was cold and rainy, the warmth of the staff made up for Mother Nature's shortcomings. Everyone was there to please us. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The grounds were lovely. We also enjoyed visiting several of the most beautiful villages in France which are nearby. The most memorable aspect of our visit was the food. The chef is truly talented. Everything we ate had a delicacy of flavor that was superb. The finest and freshest ingredients are melded together with great care and creativity. On a personal note, for the first time in my life I ate and enjoyed fish. I never thought I'd ever be able to say that but the
chef worked miracles!

Room Tip: Just eat all your dinners at the hotel and it won't matter what room you choose. You will be hap...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Florimond
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I ate at the hotel's restaurant with two friends, but we were not staying at the hotel.

Although the restaurant itself is a little uninspiring, it doesn't really have much atmosphere, the food is outstanding. We chose from the prixe-fixe menu which whilst not extensive is sure to have something to please.

I started with the langoustine ravioli, followed by the lamb, a selection from the cheeseboard and finished with a chocolate crumble. We also were served complimentary 'amuse-bouche' to top-and-tail the meal. The ravioli was excellent. I'm no great fan of lamb, and chose it on the recommendation of our host, and I can only say it was lovely. I think my reservation about lamb is that it is often overwhelmed with garlic, but the chef here made a masterful presentation. The chessboard is extensive and has a good cross-section of local cheeses. If you like chocolate then the chocolate crumble is to die for. I really can't fault the meal.

Our host chose the wine so I can't comment on the wine list, other than to say the bottle we drank was very good.

Service was prompt and attentive, without being overwhelming, and the staff were knowledgeable and helpful.

Given the relatively rural location I was both impressed and surprised at the fantastic quality of this restaurant. I suspect you will need to go a long way to improve upon it.

Can't really comment on the price or value, as I didn't pay the bill, other than to say I didn't think the prixe-fixe too expensive, especially considering the quality of the meal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank markw_bd
Staines, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My wife & I stayed here on 14th August. We had a lovely room and had a good meal. Our only reservations are that the fixed price menu was very limited in scope and tended to be meat orientated.
Desserts were exceptionally good. Wine overpriced. General feeling: very good but too expensive for what it was.
Wine waitress very tardy in replenishing glasses - we think we left 1/4 bottle because it wasn't proffered and we gave up waiting.

Room Tip: No tips - booked diectly with hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denbutch
St Helier, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Les Trois Soleils de Montal. This is a very beautiful hotel, set in fabulous surroundings. My hotel room was clean, comfortable and spacious with a lovely ensuite bathroom with a spacious shower and all beautifully appointed. And then there were the dinners! The food here is easily Michelin Star quality and then some! It was a real treat to eat such delicious and beautifully presented local food and I would recommend this to the most discerning of diners. The service was truly excellent and there was just such a lovely ambience about the entire hotel. If you are looking for a great place to stay in this region, then don't hesitate - just book it - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank kennedy-t
barcelona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Recently we had a rather unpleasant experience and would like to put this comment, so as people who are allergic to pets won't share the same miserable experience.
The hotel, afterwards we found out, has a policy that allows pets in the rooms.
As a result my wife had a most serious "allergic attack", which didn't improve until after we left the hotel. Our only option would have been to change hotel!
An additional comment on price quality, one pays the bill for all the complex that comes with the hotel! The €14 breakfast charge is in no relation to the few slices of raw ham that were on offer(apart from the standard criossant and a piece of baguette..)
On several occasions we found that the "surcharge" compared to other hotels(of lower quality..) for things as after dinner drinks etc. was just about 50%! Even with three "soleils" that's not worth paying too much!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BarcelonaDutch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Cere
Hotel Victor Hugo
#2 of 17 in Rocamadour
Le Troubadour
Le Troubadour
#1 of 17 in Rocamadour

Been to Les Trois Soleils de Montal? Share your experiences!