The Manoir is a gem of a place just a little off the beaten track...but well worth the effort of visiting.
It's an imposing 16th C manor house set in its own extensive grounds and which has been impressively restored and tastefully refurbished.
Our bedroom was large, quiet and relaxing with top quality antique and vintage furnishings and decorations and a large ultra modern bathroom.
Every part of the building shows the same attention to detail, with the guests' lounge possibly the jewel in the crown - what a lovely room.
The bar, dining and breakfast area is a short walk across a courtyard. Breakfast is impressive with a variety of cooked and cold food on offer including a great selection of fresh fruit.
We only ate dinner there on our first night but it was a hugely enjoyable meal both in terms of quality and quantity.
Iain the owner is very good at what he does. He is obviously a fantastic cook but as "mine host" he achieves the delicate balance of being friendly, attentive and helpful without veering into over-familiarity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 37 acres of formal gardens and woodland the Manoir is a tranquil and relaxing setting to get away from it all yet only 25minutes from the centre of Caen. The House has welcoming log fires in the winter a heated indoor pool and sauna and a very nice dining room.There is a warm and friendly atmosphere with both French and English spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Manoir de la Riviere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir De La Riviere Hotel Saint-Louet-Sur-Seulles
- Manoir De La Riviere Normandy/Saint-Louet-Sur-Seulles, France