“Soooo good. But sooooo sloooow.”
Review of L'Her du temps

L'Her du temps
Price range: US$29 - US$36
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Soooo good. But sooooo sloooow.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Fish soup as good as I've ever eaten. A Galette with St Jacques scallops and another with smoked salmon to die for. In fact my son very nearly did die for it, of famine, as we waited an hour for the starters, with only a slice of baguette each to keep the wolf from the door.

I know the French like to take their time, but really. An hour for soup ? With kids chewing off their own arms with hunger.
The food we did finally get was amazing, and the puddings looked sensational.
But I sent the wife and kids off to get ice cream from the great looking stand over the road while I waited yet another 25 minutes just to get l'addition. I think if we'd ordered puddings we'd still be there. Perhaps they start to charge rent if they can make you stay more than 3 hours. Or perhaps you're meant to order the next meal as you tuck in and stay there for a week.
The food was great, just don't be in a hurry. Take a book, or a pillow. Or some snacks. A TV would be nice. Just don't take hungry kids in the evening.

• Visited August 2013

Reading
“All good.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We sat upstairs which was calm away from the bustling street. Nothing to complain about at all, good food and service. I'd recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013