Les Orangeries
US$65
US$71
US$94
US$84
Garrigae Manoir de Beauvoir(Mignaloux-Beauvoir)
US$143
US$140
ACE Hotel Poitiers(Poitiers)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Hotel La Chatellenie(Availles-Limouzine)
US$94
  • Free Internet
Hotel Le Relais Pictave(Poitiers)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Montespan(Lussac les Chateaux)
TripAdvisor
Hotel de France(Montmorillon)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain courseold world charmlovely dinnerstayed here for one nightgarden roomplace to stayprivate parkinggood nights sleepbeautiful gardenswimming poollesstartersreardelightenglishcharacterrenovation
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in Les Orangeries on our way back home through France at the beginning of September. When I made the booking I had asked the price and when told the price I had asked if it was per room or per person and was told it was per room. The price seemed appropriate as it was no longer high season and didn't include breakfast and dinner is also extra and not cheap. I have been in Les Orangeries before and have been happy as it is a beautiful place and the food and service is usually very good. When we arrived this time however I was a little dissapointed as there were no products in the bathroom and the room appeared a little 'unloved' . Dinner was delicious although I didn't make the best choice myself in pigeon. The shock came in the morning when leaving as when I paid the bill I thought it was very overpriced.When I checked when I left i realised the cost was per person not per room - making the whole stay the price of a luxury hotel in high season- I could have stayed in the Grande Hotel in Bordeaux for the same price. I queried this with Les Orangeries by email and they said they would deal with it the following week and here we are 1 week month later and they have not responded to my emails. I had a problem on another occasion staying in les orangeries where they put us in a room at the front of the hotel rather than on the garden side- that was very noisy and uncomfortable but when i complained on that occasion- they refunded me and were very pleasant- so I decided to give them another chance - specified the room I wanted and thought I had covered all the bases- but still I got ripped-off. Buyer beware!

Room Tip: Definitely request garden room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Issy30
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Amazing property with enormous rooms, beautiful gardens and a wonderful pool. The smell of the open fire combined with the amazing aroma of huge baskets of oranges at the base of the grand staircase was the perfect introduction to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Superb old building, we paid for an upgrade to the garden/pool view room as the room designated was too basic and very noisy due to traffic passing, the double glazing did not even touch it! The upgraded room was lovely but oh dear, the billiard games room was above us, the floor was wood so we could hear the players walking back and forth, back and forth, back and... we had to phone down to reception as we could not sleep.

The menu was very limited and very expensive although the quality of the food was superb and great attention was paid to detail. The choice was risotto, fish or pigeon, this was very expensive and we have eaten in a Michelin restaurant for less than this. We wouldn't eat there again, just due to limited choice and cost.

The breakfast was absolutely superb, not to be missed, brioche, breads, cakes, you name it, it was there, fresh fruit, bio yoghurt which was delicious, boiled eggs, cheese and freshly squeezed orange juice, it was delicious and not to be missed.

Room Tip: Don't choose a road facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank judith9973
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Beautiful rustic hotel - great for a overnight stop. We all took advantage of the lovely weather and used the beautiful swimming pool. My husband and son ventured up stairs to play pool in the evening. We had a room right on the road, but the traffic did not wake any of us, and the family room was very well laid out, with a double bed downstairs and 2 singles up a set of rustic, old world stairs which my children loved. We did not have dinner there, but the menu looked good. Would recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Super decor............but EXTREMELY limited menu. Tonight`s choice was risotto or lemon sole, and that was it, apart from pigeon for a considerable supplement. From previous visits we know the quality is super, but I want a bigger CHOICE. We left after drinks only , and ate in Montmorillon instead.
Worrying as a trend, as we usually eat here 4 or 5 times a year, and usually recommend it to friends who visit us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends