“What Stays in Vegas can also be New Buffalo”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in New Buffalo
Chicago, Illinois
“What Stays in Vegas can also be New Buffalo”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

On a recnet stay at 4 Winds we got there late and the regular room was not available and the desk put us in a suite , This is the knid of life my wife and myself can get used to.

I room view the meadowto the north of the hotel and waking up to that was so relaxing .

The hotel is undergoing some construction but you did not hear them working.

The selection of machines did rival Vegasand gave the impression of being there not somewhere in th Mid West .

Over all a great get away , even in a regular room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Katnden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I have never written a review on a hotel, bad or good, but I have to this one time. My husband and I wanted to get away for the night to celebrate our anniversary. We decided on the Four Winds resort because according to their website it was a " resort" and a casino. Well, it definitely had a casino, which was fine, but smoke-filled, and a "Howard Johnson's" type hotel with Four Seasons type prices. There are not too many hotels that I would pay $400.00 per night . But seeing the pictures on their website, they showed a pool, and a beach, (those photos are no longer on their website for some reason),so my husband and I decided to splurge because it really looked special. We were so disappointed. In my opinion their website was false advertisement. You cannot show a pool if you don't have one. We were looking forward to relaxing around the pool, go to the nearby lake, but all we saw from our $400 room was an empty field, and some construction. My advice is go to the casino, and then drive back home. Don't waste your money on a room. It is not worth the money.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Christina G
Indiana
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night because he was sent a coupon for a free night. We had been to the casino many times before but had never stayed in the hotel.
Hotel: Check in was very quick. The front desk informed us that construction on the addition would begin at 8:00 am. I thought it very professional of her to inform us rather than have us find out after hearing noise. We did know that the hotel is expanding because we checked the website in advance.
The rooms are nice. Ours was 5116. They provide Starbucks coffee in the room. The beds are very comfortable. The TV is a little small for that size room, but it was ok.
This hotel attracts alot of elderly people. They are up early and have NO consideration for other guests. If I am up early at a hotel and decide to leave the room, I don't let the door slam. Hotel room doors are heavy and they close hard, be considerate of fellow guests.
Casino: The casino caters primarily to their senior guests. Waiting on line for a credit to be loaded onto my card, several older woman began to complain about the line and one of the managers came out to cater to them.
There is alot of chair holding that is done in this casino as well.
Restaurants: As stated above, my husband and I have been here before. We have eaten twice at Copper Rock, it is wonderful and worth every penny spent in there!!! The Prime Rib and Lamb are excellent!!
We have never eaten at Willowbrook or Timbers. On several occasions we have eaten at the buffet.
This is the part that brings me to my 3 star rating. The buffet was AWFUL!! There is a huge variety of food and NONE of it is at the correct temperature. Hot food was not hot, cold food was not cold. We arrived at the buffet right as it opened!!! This is completely unacceptable! I did inform the server who stated that she would let the chef know.

The dealers, cocktail servers, wait staff are all wonderful!! Very customer service oriented.
Email with questions.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mg0964
Schererville
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We have visited many casinos and hotels throughout the United States. The Four Winds resorts is a very hard establishment to ignore. Merely an hour from North West Indiana, this resort is designed for the adult attraction. There are arcades for younger children, but I personally suggest elderly couples, over the age of 21. It beats traveling 2000 miles, fun and excitement are right here! The mini suites are the nicest, and service is on the spot! If you like gaming, this casino has to be among the top in the United States. Everything is soclean, the employees are neat and highly skilled in Human Relations. you are surrounded by restaurants of your choice! This resort also offers you more prizes and gifts, just for visitation, than I have ever seen in any hotel and casino resort. You are also a couple miles from Downtown New Buffalo Michigan, and on the lake, just East of this resort. The valet and parking services are #1. Surveillance is outstanding, where you can be worry free. I have never seen any problems at this resort. This is a "must see" for yourself.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the "mini-suites"! You will not want to leave!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We got a coupon in the mail for a free room so we decided to take them up on it. It is a little more than 2 hours to get there. The room was wonderful. I have stayed at the Wynn in Vegas and this was pretty close in comparison. The beds were super comfortable and there is a big, deep tub. It was so clean and very nicely decorated. It doesn't have a pool but is supposed to have one for next year. The casino was not very generous but their customer service is so friendly. I would love to stay there again but I hope their prices go down or I won't be able to afford it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skoala
Indiana
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed at Four Winds on August 1st. The hotel is very nice and the people providing service at the hotel do an excellent job. Ate dinner at The Buffet and breakfast the following morning at Timbers. Great customer service at both places and people very friendly. My only complaint would be the casino, not ever been to a place where I have heard so many people complaining about how tight the machines are. I always figure it is just how your luck is going, though it did seem machines gave you no play time. But when you are going for a getaway, the last thing you want to hear is complaining the whole time you are their. In short, I thought employees were very friendly, and will probably return. However, if on next trip I hear same amount of complaining from other patrons, and it seems nobody is having a good time, I may have to reevaluate making another trip after that.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank snewbfire
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I have never been to a casino that was more depressing. Saw no winning. No glimmer of hope. Isn't it Hope that makes us go in and give it a try?
Save your money. By the small crowd, on a supposed " sold out" night, they must be having trouble pauong their bills. Their was nothing offered to win. Their overhead must be more important.

• Stayed July 2011
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 7 in New Buffalo
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!