“A Las Vegas style hotel & casino without paying for a flight”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Glenview, Illinois
“A Las Vegas style hotel & casino without paying for a flight”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We enjoy video poker in Las Vegas, but the time & expense of flying there from O'Hare airport in Chicago makes it difficult more than once a year. That's why Four Winds Hotel & Casino really is great. It is the only casino with a Las Vegas atmosphere anywhere near Chicago.
The hotel, staff & buffet make a memorable trip even better.

Room Tip: My husband & I have spent many overnight visits, and have never had a problem with the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LGerbs333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Michigan
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I just returned from a two night stay at Four Winds and once again I was impressed. All the employees are so very nice,smiling and friendly.
The room itself was perfect in every way. Nice coffee maker with Starbucks coffee, refrigerator, large walk in shower, huge room with great bed, linens, etc and a lot of shampoo, lotion, conditioner. There is excellent lighting in the room no matter where you sit.
If you want a nice get away and want to feel pampered this is the place to go!
Casino is huge, slots were tight but I had a great time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sue49321
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I took advantage of a two night complimentary weekday stay last week. The hotel is quite nice and the room was large and very clean.
I was a little disappointed at check in. When I walked up to the desk and gave my name the woman at the desk did not say hello or welcome, but simply "We are out of non-smoking rooms". She was not friendly nor did she offer any solutions until I asked if I could upgrade at my own expense to a non-smoking suite. At that point she was miraculously able to offer me an "accessible" room that was non-smoking. I was surpirsed that this ADA room was at the farthest end of the hall on the third floor, but the room was excellent and the rest of the customer service was far better.
I enjoyed the casino and the shops and restaurants. I wish there was a little more to do at the hotel. It would be nice if they had a pool and/or a spa, but I am sure the idea is to drive the business to the casino.
The employees in the casino were also quite nice. The buffet was extensive and reasonable and the Timbers Deli had surprisingly tasty food.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank VacationRN19
Schaumburg
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed for two evenings. The room was very clean. Beds were very comfortable. The shower had excellent pressure and temperature. The only downside is I could hear everything being said in the room next to me. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't almost 2 am. Aside from that everything was good and I would highly recommend. Some reviews mentioned the walk to the casino but I really do not think it was that bad. Eat well and burn some calories.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank iceprincess11
Allendale, Michigan
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel room was really nice, beds very comfortable and extras such as coffee, water nice touch. We had 2 queen size beds and rooms were very quiet. The shower was awesome and they provided top of the line shampoo and cream rinse, body lotion and body wash. The only problem we had was the TV and the internet free Wi-Fi was terrible, connection was very weak.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JTOLMAN
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I received a 2-night hotel stay. Upon checking in, I received a room upgrade to a junior suite. Talking being happy! The room was great. The hotel room was much more than I expected, a sectional couch, two high t.v.s and a washroom with a jacuzzi and shower.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Pooh338
Reviewed 3 March 2014

So we all know that going to a casino, you're more willing to lose money than to win. I recently stayed a night at the resort for my birthday, and yes, the building, the atmosphere, the rooms, were all gorgeous and the food was amazing. My main problem came with being over-charged after my stay.

Before my boyfriend and I left the resort, he packed our things while i cleaned the room by throwing away the trash, setting the remote beside the bed, and putting the wet towels together in the bathroom near the soak tub. We got over charged for the remote being in the wrong spot, and because the towels were not INSIDE the tub. Now, I'm all for places like this having their rules and policies for making it easier on the employees, but if they expect very specific conditions, shouldn't they tell you so you KNOW what's expected? Almost seems like a trap to me...

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank silhouettenimiane
Tiana B, Manager at Four Winds Casino Resort, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Could you please send an email to social@fourwindscasino.com with your best contact information? We would like to follow up with you regarding your trip. Thank you very much!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Buffalo
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 8 in New Buffalo
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!