“Love this hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Hebron, Indiana
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I have stayed at the Four Winds Casino resort hotel about 6 or 7 times, the most recent being November 4th, 2009.

Check in was fast and courteous as always. The employees at this hotel as well as the casino employees are all very friendly. My room was comped and I was given a jr. suite on the 6th floor facing the front of the property. The jr. suites are so nice.....there is a sitting area with a sectional sofa with a very large coffee table , wall mounted tv, a counter with a sink, microwave , coffee maker and mini fridge. The sleeping area has an easy chair and a large desk separates the two areas. The beds are very comfortable, too. There is also a tv on that side, too. The bathroom is amazing! There is large vanity with double sinks, a whirlpool tub and a VERY large shower. A small hallway is between the bathroom and bedroom / living room area. There you'll find a nice big closet with extra pillows, a bathrobe and a safe. My room was very clean.

There is an outside hot tub at the end of hotel inside of a gazebo as well as a workout room on the first floor , neither of which I used.
A complimentary USA Today newspaper is delivered to your door in the morning. Security checks room key cards at the entrance to the hotel right after the lobby. I really like when they do that. It makes me feel more safe while staying there although I have to say this area is really safe anyway. I really only have one complaint about this hotel. The peephole in the room door is so high up that the average person can't even see out of it. I'm 5' 6" and can barely see out of it on my tip toes and even then I can't see too much. I recently stayed in another hotel in Michigan and there were two peepholes...one normal level and one really low for children (or someone really short) to be able to see. I thought that was a good idea and all hotels should have them.

I didn't eat at the buffet this time as I really don't think it's that good. I think I am the minority here since some of the previous reviews rate it very good. They do have a really nice selection of food though and in the past when I've eaten there, everything looked good but did not taste good at all. I had it about three or four times and didn't care for it any of the times. I did, however, get a carry out from the Timbers Grill this time. In my opinion, food at Four Winds is a little pricy but most casinos are like that but the bacon cheeseburger and fries I had were very good. My food was also comped but it would have been $14 if I was paying for it. Pop and coffee are free on the casino floor but they charge for them in the snack bar so if you go there, pick up one from the self serve machines and then go in and order your food. :o) I've eaten at the Willowbrook Cafe for breakfast before and it's very good , too. Great Omelets!

I will definitely stay here again. I only live about an hour from there but it's a great place to stay for a little overnight getaway.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
phoenix
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We just got back from staying a night at this hotel which we wandered into on a drive around day trip and for a stop in weekday rate we were charged $224.00. First let me say if I had read the previous posts I may not have tried this hotel and been missed this hidden gem. The casino itself can rival a vegas casino in size and new slots. The staff were helpful and friendly at all times, the food was also great in the buffet.
We decided to wander out after gambling a while to the jacuzzi and although it is in a gazebo just outside the casino it is a fenced gazebo and we were pleasantly surprised to sit and watch 5 deers just grazing right beside it and they stayed there the whole time we enjoyed the jacuzzi.
We did play the tables and slots and and both my husband and I found the dealers to be very friendly and talkative.
This place is not what you expect with an indian casino. At least not one we have been to before.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank time2travelPhoenix
Jackson michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We recieved a promotion for two free nights at the resort. It was our wedding aniversary and we had never stayed there so we thought it might be a good experience, I had heard the resort was beautiful. The front desk and vallet were very pleasant and the lobby was spacious but plain. Upon entering our room, I noticed two towels in the bathroom that were crumpled and dirty hanging on the wall. At that point I decided to check the linen on the bed. To my disguist there was a red stain on the comforter and dirt smudges on the edge of the sheet. I immediately called housekeeping and got the front desk. A gentleman in a leisure suit showed up and said I want to see the linen, strip off the items with the stains and said housekeeping would come up and finish making our bed, he acted irriated with us and was not the least bit apologetic. After housekeeping finish our room we ordered room service. Our food was brought up with no tray or cart, handed to us at the door and when I paid the young man he preceded to leave without giving me my change, he just presumed it was his tip.
The next day we requested our room be cleaned, when we arrived back at our room later, the sinks or bathtub had not been cleaned and the pillows were threw in the chair. I cld the front desk and asked to speak with a manager and was told there was not one available until monday. I asked to be contacted before we left on monday.....no call or contact ever came. The SERVICE here is TERRIBLE.
At $399.00 a nite, (thank goodness our nites were free), I would have been asking for a refund.
One positive note is there buffet, it is one of the best we have every experienced. To bad there is no management or customer service to match at the resort. Im sorry I spent our anniversary there and I dont see this resort staying in business long.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank grammyd60
Southwest Michigan
Reviewed 29 January 2009

We received a promotion for a free night stay for the month of January and stayed on Thursday, 1/22. The hotel is at the opposite end from the casino entrance although I believe there is a separate entrance. We parked in the parking garage and walked down to the hotel front desk area. The hotel "lobby" was very spacious and decorated nicely. The associates at the front desk were courteous and very helpful, although the lady checking us in had some issues with her key card maker. No concern to us as long as our keys worked (which they did). There was a gentleman checking keys on our way to the elevators - not sure if this is just a night thing because there was no guard there when we left in the morning.

As we were getting a free room, I was wondering about the quality we would receive. The room was great! It's very spacious with a large bathroom and a flat screen TV. The bed and pillows were beyond comfortable and the amenties in the bathroom smell delicious - like fresh oranges (shower gel, lotion, shampoo, conditioner and a face bar). I was a little disappointed that there was no toothpaste or mouthwash but we brought our own toothpaste so that was no big deal. There was a mini fridge, coffeepot and 2 bottles of spring water.

We had dinner at Willowbrook. The food was delicious and the wait staff very pleasant. I had eaten there before for breakfast - they do not disappoint in portion sizes.

I did not think about taking pictures until we had already messed up the room so we didn't end up taking any. All in all, we had a nice "mini vacation".

• Liked — Comfortable, clean
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank musicalrose
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Have tried to reach the General Manager twice without a phone call being returned. Two messages have been left with his secretary Syre May with no call ever being returned from her or Mr. Harkness, the General Manager.

Follow through, attention to details and customer service is clearly lacking. Especially with the economy the way it is now, one would think that you would be able to receive a simple phone call back.

It all starts at the top and if the secretary to the General Manager can't contact a guest back, then who is actually going to do it?

There are many choices out there, this would not be one that I would recommend.

Stayed November 2008
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 8 in New Buffalo
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!